Does KJAMS have a Database?

Need help? Ask your questions here! I'll try to answer every one, but anyone can answer!
DigitalBurn

Does KJAMS have a Database?

Post by DigitalBurn »

Pretty much says it in the title, I run Karaoke at a VFW with a buddy, we are in desperate need of a database update. I have decided to put up the money needed for this, but I can't seem to find a database. If I have to pay for a sub fine, as long as I can access it offline as there is no internet Wi-Fi near the VFW hall.

DigitalBurn

Re: Does KJAMS have a Database?

Post by DigitalBurn »

Going through the forums, I answered my own question. So the next question is, how extensive is the Database?

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

the word "database" means "organized collection of data", so strictly speaking yes, kJams itself IS a database.

but what you're asking for is "can i subscribe to an offline streaming music store in kJams"

the answer is yes:
for $99 per month, you can access over 7,000 songs (and more are on the way), and you need not be online at the venue in order to "stream" because all the "cloud data" is copied to your computer first.

more info here.

DigitalBurn

Post by DigitalBurn »

How much cloud data is that and can i put it on an external source?

DigitalBurn

Post by DigitalBurn »

Also, thank you clarification, however does that mean, 110$ for the KJams software and 99$ a month for the music databse/cloud? Also is the cloud up to date?

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

How much cloud data is that and can i put it on an external source?
well, all of it. it's less than 120GB
does that mean, 110$ for the "kJams Pro" software, and then 99$ a month for the music database/cloud?
correct. it's an instant library.
is the cloud up to date?
what i know is they're adding new songs monthly, (plus they're currently negotiating to add a LOT of new songs in one fell swoop from another catalog, we'll see what happens!)
you can go download kJams for free, and browse / search the music store, see for yourself what's in it right now.