Removing duplicates before printing Song Book

Need help? Ask your questions here! I'll try to answer every one, but anyone can answer!
bakilo

Removing duplicates before printing Song Book

Post by bakilo »

I am going to print a songbook and I am only putting in song title and artists, but I have a lot of doubles because I have different disc manufacturers, like Sound Choice and Chartbuster, so it will show the same song from both manufacturers. How can I eliminate the doubles from printing but not lose that disc info from my computer so I can still see it on my laptop? I will usually pick a Sound Choice song over someone else when I get a request; any ideas? I know with a regular songbook maker it will eliminate doubles and let you choose which manufacturer to keep first, so you can pick always keep Sound Choice first and eliminate the doubles from the other manufacturers.

Thanks a lot!
-bakilo.

P.S. I am sure looking forward to the day you make a songbook creater that works with kJams

dave
Site Admin

Re: Removing duplicates before printing Song Book

Post by dave »

Select the Library
go File->New Preset Playlist->Unique Songs
select the new playlist "Unique Songs"
go File->Print Catalog (to learn how to print using Copy and Paste from kJams)

bakilo

Post by bakilo »

Im not understanding what your telling me to do to remove the duplicates from my songbook, I'm using a program named pages from my macbook pro, are you telling me to try and remove the duplicates in kjam before i copy and paste them into the pages program? I don't want to remove the duplicates from my permanent library on my laptop because that tells me which manufacturer is for each song and i can pick them. it might be just me but can you explain in a little more detail each step. i copied your answer on paper so i can do each step but i still don't understand.

bakilo

Post by bakilo »

I went to file and then new preset playlist and i see the unique songs, then I'm not sure what I'm doing after that, and will that eliminate my double songs permanently?

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

i'm telling you to make a new preset playlist that has no duplicates in it, and use THAT to print, instead of your Library playlist.
making a playlist doesn't do anything to your library, the library is all still there.
yes, you're going to create a unique playlist in kJams first, THEN copy that to your Pages app for printing
just follow the steps, there's really nothing more to explain?

bakilo

Post by bakilo »

What do you mean by select the library do you mean highlight the entire library, i only have one library

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

click the "Library" playlist (once)

bakilo

Post by bakilo »

You sure could make life a lot easier on us kjams users if it had a songbook maker, I love this kjams software for mac thats why i bought it but that was my biggest concern that you couldn't buy a songbook maker for mac, if someone ever comes up with a songbook maker for mac they will sell a million of them, everyone i no still uses books and there here to stay for along time, just my opinion

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

I understand, but my thinking is that "Song Books" are going the way of the Floppy Disk. Almost all my customers report that they use the Server feature, and set up a kiosk computer or an iPad, and that the singers prefer to use that (sometimes after initial skepticism).

But i hear ya, I'm sure some people *would* use a song book printing feature, i just have to balance whether it's worth my time for that. If i DID make that, it'd be built into kJams, not a separate product.

bakilo

Post by bakilo »

Im sure your right about the future of songbooks and I'm sorry I'm such a pain in the rear asking you so many questions, I'm 55 and just retired and I'm not real good on computers as I'm sure you no by now, I'm ready to star doing karaoke at the resturaut my son manages, i did a gig there a couple weeks ago it went ok but i only have 1600 songs, i just added 5000 more downloading each song from a cdgs, now I'm making new songbooks as you no, i did figure out how to get rid of the doubles and make a unique playlist but it won't let me copy or paste it or drag it into my pages software, I've tried to highlight all of the songs and select all and everything to get the library over to pages, I'm sure its something small but i just can't figure it out, any more ideas? bakilo

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

not sure what you're doing, but copy and paste works for me.

when you say "it won't let me copy", why do you say that? what exactly is preventing you from copying?

yes, drag and drop won't do it, you must use copy and paste :)

select all
copy
switch to pages
paste