Crossfading to video in Itunes

Need help? Ask your questions here! I'll try to answer every one, but anyone can answer!
EVO

Crossfading to video in Itunes

Post by EVO »

I use kJams and Itunes to run my shows and love the cross-fade script.
The problem I am running into is cross-fading to videos in Itunes. If kJams is in full screen and I fade to Itunes then Itunes will not come up full screen. If I make Itunes full screen then kJams gets kicked to my primary monitor rather then my extended desktop which I use to play the kJams and Itunes videos.
kJams of course has the ability to hide the video screen on pause but I don't seem to be able to find this option in Itunes. Has anyone ran into a solution to this issue?
Thank in advance!

dave
Site Admin

Re: Crossfading to video in Itunes

Post by dave »

yes the problem is going "full screen" with iTunes.

what you want to do instead is this:
apple->system preferences->mission control
turn OFF "displays have separate spaces" (this will get rid of the menu bar on the TV)
set your TV monitor's "desktop pattern" to pure black
open a video in iTunes, right click it and pick "show in separate window"
drag the video window over to the TV
hold down the option key and click the green "zoom" button
this will "full screen" it WITHOUT making it totally take over the display (which would otherwise lock out all other apps from using it)
NOW you can move the kJams Video window over it, and go full screen with that
when it hides (or gets transparent) you'll see the iTunes video window

EVO

Post by EVO »

I knew you would have the answer. I appreciate the support and can't wait to use this in my show tomorrow.

EVO

Post by EVO »

This worked perfectly! I just wanted to thank you again for the great product and even better support. As I go through the board here I am amazed at how much you support more than just the product and I can't tell you how much I appreciate all that I have learned here about not just KJams but my operating system. I look forward to watching the software grow and using it for a long time. Thanks Dave!

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

:D