Transferring karaoke music to other devices

Need help? Ask your questions here! I'll try to answer every one, but anyone can answer!
scottdelmas

Transferring karaoke music to other devices

Post by scottdelmas »

Can I transfer my kjams karaoke music from my Macbook Air to other devices and then use those other devices with a TV and stereo? If so which would be the best device to use- Samsung, iPhone, iPod, iPad? I'm thinking of getting a new Samsung phone anyway but I'd be willing to buy an Apple product just for the music because I have a Mac.

dave
Site Admin

Re: Transferring karaoke music to other devices

Post by dave »

Me, i'd get an AppleTV, then you can just send your kJams video directly to the TV, or you can export them to a movie, load them up in your iTunes, and access them FROM the apple TV at any time.

You'd need an AppleTV also if you were to do the same with your iPhone: export to iTunes, load on iPhone, then send to AppleTV from iPhone.

:D

scottdelmas

Post by scottdelmas »

I'm going to several different retirement homes to use the kjams music. I don't think any of them have an AppleTV. Please advise. Scott

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

use kJams to export your karaoke songs to h.264 movies (or "AppleTV" format), then sync them to your iPad.

then get a long HDMI cable, and this or this depending on your connector. Do not get this, because then you can't simultaneously charge your device.

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

Um, or just take the Apple TV with you and plug it into the back of whatever TV you are using. If the venue does not have WiFi, set up an ad hoc network, or just bring your own router.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

or that