Error renaming songs

Need help? Ask your questions here! I'll try to answer every one, but anyone can answer!
tryingcake

Error renaming songs

Post by tryingcake »

I was so close saying this is the program for me and being ready to roll when I decided to go ahead and fix the case (lower case to caps, etc) under the advanced settings.

All appeared to be working well when I got an error message that not all files could be renames and a playlist was created. OK, right? No biggie. I clicked OK and the message popped right back up. Clicked OK again and here's the message again.

The message start like this:

Error renaming songs
There was a problem updating the meta info for at least one song (possibly more)

I have attached a pic of the message if you need to read the whole thing. So then I click "explain" instead of OK and receive this message:

Assert Fail: !is_null_CPLItemP(pliP), in file: ‘/Users/davec/Developer/depot/kjams/Developement/source/Music/CPlaylist.cpp’ at line2550

I cannot close out of KJams, I can't turn off my computer. It won't force quite, nothing. I ended up forcing my Mac to to turn off just so I could make the Kjams go away. I can't remove the program a and start over. I'm in a limbo here.

I'm sure what ever happened is my fault. Doesn't matter. I don't know show to fix it. When I reopen, Kjams it's the same thing all over again.
Attachments
picture of error message
picture of error message

dave
Site Admin

Re: Error renaming songs

Post by dave »

tryingcake

Post by tryingcake »

I just tried to call, twice. It's Sunday 10:15 EST/ 7:15 PST.

It rang several times and then a busy signal. I checked to make sure I dialed the correct number.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

terribly sorry, i had changed my office hours and i would swear i updated when they are on the wiki, but i just looked again and it still showing the OLD times!

wow, totally my bad. sorry about that, but i no longer can work on sundays.

so the next time i'm available is tuesday night.

but if you call during "business hours" you *might* find that i'll answer, sometimes. so give it a shot and maybe we'll get this taken care of now.

tryingcake

Post by tryingcake »

This is the first chance I've had to check this all day. I can't try now, have people needing me to do things. I will try to call you tomorrow on Tuesday. Most likely close to your 7 p.m. I think I'll be home and done running by then.

Thanks!!

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

k
8)

tryingcake

Post by tryingcake »

Left you a VM and sent an email.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

we talked on the phone and the problem was her music drive was formatted NTFS, and she was on a mac. Reformatting is the only way out.

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

Couldn't she have used Paragon or Tuxero?

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

No, nothing works. I simply do not, can not, and will not support NTFS on mac, period. Sorry about that.