New Singers

Need help? Ask your questions here! I'll try to answer every one, but anyone can answer!
lenskaraoke

New Singers

Post by lenskaraoke »

Sometimes when I put a new singer on they go to the top of the list and sometimes they go to the bottom of the list. I dont know what I am doing different, can it be overridden so I can place a singer anywhere want in an existing list of singers
Tell the truth or lose the horse

dave
Site Admin

:)

Post by dave »

lenskaraoke

Post by lenskaraoke »

I'm gonna have to read ALL the instructions. Thanks

lenskaraoke

Post by lenskaraoke »

I have tried drag & drop but it din't work

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

okay exactly what do you mean "put a new singer on"? what exactly are you doing?

is both your "KJ Rotation" and "Rotation" sorted by "#"?
do you have "automatically mark singers here" preference turned on? do you have "automatically un-mark singers not here"?

lenskaraoke

Post by lenskaraoke »

When I put a new singer on I mean they turn up and I mark them as "here"

I dont have "automatically mark singers here" or "automatically un-mark singers not here" preference turned on. I mark the singer here when they turn up.

Both "KJ Rotation" and "Rotation" are sorted by "#"

I have tried several times to drag singers about But they hit me.
sorry about that I'll start again.

I have tried several times to drag singers about in the list but have been unable to, kjams seems to put the singer where it wants to. I am not using a mouse to drag I am using the built in touch pad.

I hope you have enough info here.....Len

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

I have tried several times to drag singers about in the list
In what list, exactly? Only the "KJ Rotation" list lets you reorder the singers, the "Rotation" will show the same singer more than once (it shows all rotations until the end of the show) so it would not make complete sense to reorder using that list.

lenskaraoke

Post by lenskaraoke »

Thanks, that works

When I was first trying this I tried both list and couldnt get it to work. After you told me which list to do it in I tried it and it worked sometimes & not others, so I persevered and discovered I have to put the singer I am moving right on top a singer I wish to preceede. What I was doing when it failed was to put the singer between two singers. Of course no matter which list I tried like this, it failed.

Thanks for your help......Len

dave
Site Admin

that is correct

Post by dave »

yes, you must drop the song literally ONto another song, and it will land before that song.

the list manager i'm using has no notion of "in between".

tho i do plan to hack it such that it does know, AND gives you a little "insert here" indicator line between the songs where it will land.

so at present you can not drop a song last. you must drop it second to last and then move the last song before it. when i hack my fix, this will no longer be necessary. sorry for the confusion.

I've updated the User Sort Order page.