How to get karaoke words when ripping from CD

Need help? Ask your questions here! I'll try to answer every one, but anyone can answer!
Ronmac99

How to get karaoke words when ripping from CD

Post by Ronmac99 »

Ok, I am about to go over the edge here. I am trying to rip from my CD+G disks but only get audio. I changed the preferences from lame MP3 to MP4 and still only get the audio. Is this a pirate thingie where you can only get the audio? I have a gig coming up in a week or two and would like to run this from my laptop or burn a CD in the order I want to sing them. What in the world am I doing wrong??

dave
Site Admin

Re: How to get karaoke words when ripping from CD

Post by dave »

so:

1: are you SURE you're using CD+G discs?
2: you're ripping with kJams, right? you're NOT using iTunes to rip, right?
3: you're using the very latest version of kJams, right?
4: what happens if you just put a disc in and press play in kJams? do you see the graphics?

Ronmac99

Post by Ronmac99 »

Using Kjams, the player will play with graphics, but also when I open the player it only shows the songs as audio files. Hmmmmmm

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

Using kJams, the player will play with graphics
when you say "the player", you do mean "kJams", yes? So you mean to say "When i play a disc in kJams, yes i do see the graphics" ?
if so, then okay, what is the problem? if it works, it works. you *are* also ripping with kJams, right?
when I open the player it only shows the songs as audio files
when you say "the player", do you ALSO mean "kJams" ? So, you're saying "when i open kJams, it shows the songs as audio files" ? If so, are you talking about the "Format" column? yes, that shows the format of the audio portion of the Audio+Video files. That's not a problem either. When you rip using kJams, it will get both the Audio+Video portion. so i must ask again, what's the problem?