external hard drive as a reference

Need help? Ask your questions here! I'll try to answer every one, but anyone can answer!
kenny1

external hard drive as a reference

Post by kenny1 »

i have switched from a pc to mac and downloaded a trial version of kjams. My issue i'm having is I have a external HD with over 300,000 songs on it...I don't want to take up space on my macbook pro , so i'm trying to use my HD as a reference to my library. I dj/kj full time and it takes almost 2 hrs for me to be able to use my karaoke files? What am i doing wrong if anything? please help...as i'm still using my pc till i fix this issue or find a different program..thanks

dave
Site Admin

Re: external hard drive as a reference

Post by dave »

what you do is "add to library", and pick "reference". yes this initial load could take a couple hours. that's normal. then kjams knows all about the songs. then when you run it only takes a minute to load.

if you want to have great looking meta data, then you need to go thru your library in batches using the "reinterpret" function. that can take a couple days of work. but after that it's done forever and never needs to be done again, even if you rebuild your library from scratch.