delay in playing a song

Need help? Ask your questions here! I'll try to answer every one, but anyone can answer!
garfield2344

delay in playing a song

Post by garfield2344 »

Hi Dave, I've been using kjams for a while and just recently noticed that when I double click on a song there is a 2 1/2 second delay before the song plays. Is there something I can do about this. It wasn't like this before. The play button doesn't even change to the pause icon until after the 2 1/2 seconds. It just started doing this last week and I have not added anymore songs to slow anything down.

Lisa

dave
Site Admin

Re: delay in playing a song

Post by dave »

are you playing a CDG from your computer? or a video?
or are you playing a streaming song from tricerasoft?
do you have "delay playback until song is unpacked" turned on?

garfield2344

Post by garfield2344 »

I am playing a CDG from my computer and I don't have delay song until unpacked on but I have tried it both ways but it still delays the starting of the song. To let you know a little about my computer, I have a one year old mac air computer with less than 1,000 songs on it. The computer has 4 gig of ram. It worked fine up to about a week ago. Everything else on the computer is fine, it I go to itunes the songs run fine. My other computer is older and the program works fine with no delay. I use the computer that I'm having this issue with as a performance computer when I sing cause it's small and light weight.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

get me on ichat during office hours and i'll look

https://karaoke.kjams.com/wiki/IChat/Mac

garfield2344

Post by garfield2344 »

Hey Dave,

I'm on ichat right now if your available to talk to me.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

we discovered that the issue was that the user was using "singers" incorrectly, storing favorites in the "Tonight" list. This lead to a rotation with 595 songs. When kJams plays a song, it rebuilds the rotation. this caused a 1/4 second delay when playing every song. fixed!

-dave