Questions before I decide to purchase....

Need help? Ask your questions here! I'll try to answer every one, but anyone can answer!
Jeff64

Questions before I decide to purchase....

Post by Jeff64 »

I am considering purchasing this software, but I need to make sure it will meet my needs. I sing duets and am looking to use this to change the keys & tempo of music backing tracks (mp3s) for our performances, so I don't have any actual "karaoke" needs:

- Can I import any song into the software? Any limitations?
- After changing the key and/or tempo of a song, can I easily export that version of the file into iTunes?

Thanks in advance for your help!

dave
Site Admin

Re: Questions before I decide to purchase....

Post by dave »

Can I import any song into the software?
yes, well, it would be rather pointless if you could not :)
Any limitations?
The tryout limits you to playlists of 3 songs, but the purchased version has no limitations.
After changing the key and/or tempo of a song, can I easily export that version of the file into iTunes?
yes, and it will export with your pitch changes. but why would you want to? Generally you'd want to use kJams to play the songs back.

Jeff64

Post by Jeff64 »

Thanks for your reply, Dave.

Re. your last statement, my initial plan is to use iTunes for performances simply because that is what I am familiar with and do today. That said, if it turns out that kJams is intuitive and will do the trick for this purpose as well, then that is another option to try. Especially if it saves a step in the process.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

yes. and i think you'll find kJams just about the same as iTunes in terms of ease-of-use.

:D

Karanight

Post by Karanight »

If only iTunes was as easy as kJams that'd be great but it ain't, kJams has so many shortcuts and some are just obvious to have yet iTunes lacks them

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

what he said.