GPX Karaoke Party Machine

Need help? Ask your questions here! I'll try to answer every one, but anyone can answer!
Ace123

GPX Karaoke Party Machine

Post by Ace123 »

I want kJams to burn CD-G's for my GPX Karaoke Party Machine JM332B. I can burn a CD-G using my LG Super Multi Blue burner and it plays on the computer with kJams with the lyrics. But on my GPX it only plays the audio, no lyrics. I will purchase kJams and the burner add on if you have any idea how I can get the GPX to work. I am using an iMac with OS 10.7 and the external LG burner. I have also played this CD-G in my Xbox 360, Sony Blu Ray player, HD DVD player and Sylvania blu ray player and they all just play the music. I am using kJams lite and when I look at the format of the song it says .mp3, not .cdg, is that the problem? I purchased the song from TriceraSoft and it has the .mp3 and .cdg files, why does the file show up on the Playlist as a .mp3 and not a .cdg?
Thanks

dave
Site Admin

Re: GPX Karaoke Party Machine

Post by dave »

okay one thing at a time

some hardware burners will seem to burn discs fine, and they will play in a computer, but they will not play in "real" karaoke hardware player. this is the fault of the LG drive, not the software or the GPX. the drive is producing a disc that is out-of-spec, and drives in the hardware players are notoriously strict when it comes to reading discs. Computer drives however are much more forgiving and are able to more easily read out-of-spec discs, that is why they seem to play fine on a computer.

solution: get a new drive, one that is guaranteed to produce discs that are in-spec.

The format reported will show the audio format, not the video format, tho the video is still there.

Perry_09

Post by Perry_09 »

Hello everyone. I am wondering what does a Karaoke party machine mean. I have attended many karaoke parties at many Phoenix venues. but never been through this term. Can you tell me what is it.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

it's just a self-contained unit that has a video screen, microphones, speakers, and sometimes a video input and/or an iPod input.

wherever you go, you have a karaoke party!

Karaoke Machine

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

Alternately, it refers to me.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

:roll: