Fresh Start?

Need help? Ask your questions here! I'll try to answer every one, but anyone can answer!
guitartattooman

Fresh Start?

Post by guitartattooman »

I have 613 songs that show "Push Meta Que." loading in the "Activity " window each time I start kJams. The files are zipping, unzipping, saving, etc. I get lots of error messages during this process and also get random error messages during shows. Instead of doing all kinds of stuff to attempt getting the program stable, I'm thinking it best to erase the program and start fresh. I'm not worried about saving any existing information except songs I have acquired and retaining all subscriptions information. I'm hoping for a complete program uninstall so my new install will not have bugs related to previous use.

Question is, what is the best way to do this? Thanks in advance.

Jim

dave
Site Admin

Re: Fresh Start?

Post by dave »

I have 613 songs that show "Push Meta Que." loading in the "Activity " window each time I start kJams
then there's a bug or a problem that needs to be fixed.
I get lots of error messages
well what are they? word for word, each one.
also get random error messages during shows
again: what exactly are these error messages? i can't help if you don't tell me the specifics.
Instead of doing all kinds of stuff to attempt getting the program stable, I'm thinking it best to erase the program and start fresh
Joke: so do you also think that if you close the refrigerator then open it again, there will be new or better food in there?
just kidding. but you can't make a program not have bugs by reinstalling it. You may end up side stepping or working around a bug, but it will not solve the issue, and you will just run into it again.
Please contact me via email, so we can SOLVE the problem, rather than attempt to sweep the elephant under the rug.

dave
Site Admin

Re: Fresh Start?

Post by dave »

I was never contacted via email about this issue. or if i was, he used a different email address so i don't know to link it to this issue :(

i AM trying to be better about following up in the forums when a solution is arrived at by other means (i'm using Trello to track things)