Karaoke playlist when no singers queued up

Need help? Ask your questions here! I'll try to answer every one, but anyone can answer!
Bialykot

Karaoke playlist when no singers queued up

Post by Bialykot »

Hi everyone. Just recently purchased kjams pro for MacBook and it's very good indeed. I have previously used other programmes under Windows but kjams is more intuitive and I love the server facility where I can use iPad to choose songs.

I'm very new to this so apologies if this has been covered. Is it possible to create a playlist of karaoke songs that will automatically kick in if (and only when) there are no singers queued up in the rotation list? A bit like the auto cross fade with iTunes but using some predefined cdg songs to run.

One of the previous programmes I used had this facility and it was pretty useful in getting people to come up and grab the mic, even though they hadn't chosen a song. I know I could do this manually easily enough, but I'd like to have this automated.

dave
Site Admin

Re: Karaoke playlist when no singers queued up

Post by dave »

currently there is no automated way to do this, but it is just about the number 1 feature request (auto-crossfading to filler music or videos)

if that feature does NOT make it for "1.0" you can rest assured it will be in the "1.5" release (or whatever the next "major" release number is)

but there is the iTunes crossfader

Bialykot

Post by Bialykot »

Thank you Dave. I look forward to that.

faarigia

Post by faarigia »

The problem is that the first thing that happens when i insert a CD is iTunes opens up. I don't know of a way to stop it.
Last edited by faarigia on Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

the very first instruction for ripping with kJams

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

Dave: what the O.P. appears to be asking is not about filler music, abut about filler karaoke! Between submitted CDGs, the O.P wants filler CDGs that anyone can go up and sing. This would probably be pretty easy to script.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

yes, i know. one day.

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

One thing you can do, which I use for different purposes, is to have a fake singer (I call mine *Interlude) that you place all your desired tracks into (Maybe at first in "Favorites".) You can place it at the beginning of your rotation. If you have more singers in the queue, just skip *Interlude and off you go for the rest for the rotation. But as soon as you run out of singers, the *Interlude "singer" is now up, and you can play whatever tracks you have up in its "Tonight" list.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

8)