kJams & me

Need help? Ask your questions here! I'll try to answer every one, but anyone can answer!
MusicalFlava

kJams & me

Post by MusicalFlava »

Hello Dave,

thank you so much for attempting to assist me with the installation of kJams. I do believe that once I get over the initial small problems that it will be a program that I will definitely purchase and use on a regular basis on my Mac.

I may have caused some problems before you sent me some advice on how to solve my problem of not being able to view any words on the video screen. I had deleted the 3 files that I had loaded. (which is the amount allowed to be loaded by the trial program)

I loaded 3 files. One using the iTunes/kJams proceedure decribed and the other by directly entering into kJams. To date all that I have been able to get is the music to play and only the words "pause", "play" and the Title of the song appear on the screen. The karaoke Words still do not appear.

I thought that I was pretty adept at most of the Mac stuff, but I guess ocassionaly I maybe having lapses of ability <smile>

Would you recommend that I delete the trial program and re-install? I won't do anything yet.

I have gotten your e-mail and followed your advice. But so far no success.

MusicalFlava

dave
Site Admin

no video

Post by dave »

sounds like you're using a CD and not a CD+G?

Are you sure you have a karaoke disc in there?

no, deleting and reinstalling will do nothing to help.
but perhaps clearing the cache?

MusicalFlava

Post by MusicalFlava »

Good Morning Dave,

LOL. I'm sure that I have used karaoke disk. Besides I've been dj-ing since I was 14years old and I have been kj-ing for the last 4 years. Also, the title of the CD+G track displays on the video screen. I will attempt to empty my cache. I let you know how it goes.

Thanks again. I really want to use this program because 1/3 of my music collection is being converted to digital and the addition of doing the same for my karaoke collection would add tremendous value let alone efficiency.

MusicalFlava

JamesDW

Post by JamesDW »

Flava,

When you say the title is showing on the display, is that the intro of the karaoke song? eg. Sunfly 003 Walk Like An Egyptian done in the style of the Bangles. Or is it just the words, "Play: Walk Like An Egyptian"? KJams takes the name of the song and displays it on the bottom of the video screen. This will happen even if you do not load a CD+G. You can test it by adding a regular song from iTunes to the kJams library and playing it. You will never see the graphics.

dave
Site Admin

did we get this working?

Post by dave »

I seem to recall we got this working. Does it work now? What was the problem?

-dave