Columns

Need help? Ask your questions here! I'll try to answer every one, but anyone can answer!
ChurchCat

Columns

Post by ChurchCat »

Can genre be shown in the column view?

At the moment all I have is karaoke tracks ripped from my discs. In the future I would like to add my own midi based files and maybe some standard CD tracks. It would be nice to have some way to identify them easily in the library list.

CC

dave
Site Admin

not yet

Post by dave »

if you've been monitoring the "What My Plan Is" section of the Version History page, you'll see that's what i'm working up to right now. :D

ChurchCat

Post by ChurchCat »

Great news. :D

Can I ask another probably dumb question about columns?

One of the columns has a drop down choice menu that lets you choose "vocal left or vocal right". Does this actually do anything or is it simply a label?

CC

dave
Site Admin

vocal cancel

Post by dave »

no it works. if you've got a song that has say vocals in the right channel, you can shut it off so you only hear the music with no vocal

ChurchCat

Re: vocal cancel

Post by ChurchCat »

dave wrote:no it works. if you've got a song that has say vocals in the right channel, you can shut it off so you only hear the music with no vocal
I have just tried this and as you say it works. :D

I have another question and a request now.

(Notice how once you let a cat in it is always hanging around?)

The request.

kJams takes up quite a bit of screen width. Could the vocal channel dropdown menu be reduced a bit? The menu choices need only be "Left", "Right" and "None" as the column heading shows what they are for. "Vocals Channel: Right" though clear does take up a lot of space.

The question.

In the column labled "Album" when looking at a playlist there is a blue clicky that looks like a dropdown menu. What is this for?

CC

dave
Site Admin

stuff

Post by dave »

the vocal channel column can be squeezed horizontally short. does that do what you want?

the Album popup is called Switchable Albums.

ChurchCat

Re: stuff

Post by ChurchCat »

dave wrote:the vocal channel column can be squeezed horizontally short. does that do what you want?
It is better, thanks, but it reads "voc...ite" now. I still think that Left, Right and None are all that are required.

dave wrote: the Album popup is called Switchable Albums.
Now this is cool, really cool. 8)

CC