Accessing Internal Music Folder for KJAMS

Need help? Ask your questions here! I'll try to answer every one, but anyone can answer!
gary

Accessing Internal Music Folder for KJAMS

Post by gary »

Hi,

This HAS to be simple, right? I have a variety of Karoake files on my Music folder (ITUNES) that I previously downloaded from the Net. When I go to 'Add to Library' and select the file, Kjams acts as if it did something! :) But, I cannot find the file in the library. Where is it? Am I doing the right thing to connect it to Kjams?

Thanks!
Gary

dave
Site Admin

Re: Accessing Internal Music Folder for KJAMS

Post by dave »

i'm not sure why the song isn't appearing in your library, do you have a search term in the search box?

but before even that: there is absolutely no point in adding iTunes to kJams, unless you just want non-crossfaded filler music. If you add an audio-only file to kjams, obviously kjams will play the audio only file. but you can't expect there to suddenly be lyrics where there never were lyrics before.

Sedge

Post by Sedge »

If you're looking for the song file in the kJams Music folder, then you'll be disappointed - the Add to Library function of kJams doesn't copy your music to its internal music library folder, it just links to the file wherever it sits (quite possibly in your iTunes folder!) If you link to an iTunes folder this way, beware of doing anything in iTunes that changes the file name, as it will break the link that kJams has to the file.

I've found it best to create a folder of music for kJams, either on an external drive or not, and be very strict about its organization. I copy or move files to this folder, then add the files to kJams, then LEAVE THEM ALONE! Make sure you're going to be happy with any folder substructure you decide on - because you won't be readily able to change it once you've started adding files.

Hope this helps.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

that too.