Create custom "pause/Who's singing next" graphic???

Need help? Ask your questions here! I'll try to answer every one, but anyone can answer!
KaraokeinMD

Create custom "pause/Who's singing next" graphic???

Post by KaraokeinMD »

Right now the Pro Version shows a Kjams "who's singing next" graphic while waiting for the next singer to hit the stage. Is there a way to create and use a custom graphic to advertise my company instead of Kjams (no offense to Kjams)?

Sedge

Re: Create custom "pause/Who's singing next" graphic???

Post by Sedge »

All of the screens in kJams are fully editable using the free version of the Producer plugin - get it, then go through the video tutorials. You can create new screens, as well as edit the ones that come with kJams to your liking.

A handy tip - make a backup of any screen you intend to change by creating a copy of the .xml file with a tilde in front of it - i.e. ~Rotation.xml - this way you can always revert quickly to the original. (Or keep a library of several screens for each function, for example, I have both 4 and 6 song versions of the Rotation screen, and change them out depending on the venue/crowd. I can even switch them DURING a show, if I want to.

Handy tip the second: to play around with show screens, add a duplicate song (that you already have) to your library. Then rename it and use the duplicate to play around - otherwise you risk damaging the karaoke graphics .cdg file, and your guests may see some unexpected attempts at screen editing at the beginning of their songs.

Those tips probably won't make sense until you go through the tutorials, and start working on things yourself. Still, they are free, gratis.

KaraokeinMD

Post by KaraokeinMD »

OK. I downloaded producer and followed the tutorials. However, it looks like the tutorials cover a timeline for each specific song. I want to bring up just the rotation template and edit that for ALL the songs. How do I do that?

Sedge

Post by Sedge »

http://karaoke.kjams.com/wiki/Producer/Tutorials

The last one in the list is the one you are looking for, that covers Rotation.

Now, the basic workflow:

1. select your working track
2. Advanced>>Producer
3. Templates>>Edit>>[template of your choosing]
4. Edit stuff.
5. Either Save As or Save Over, depending on what you're doing.

note: if you're editing an existing screen, you can save it, then select it from the Video menu to display it in the video window, then Hide ShowScreen and continue editing. This is a great way to check your work as you go.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

the counterintuitive situation is you must edit a "song" which has a timeline. on that timeline you edit your ShowScreens, even tho they don't actually occur on that song, that song is just used as a scratch track on which you edit your screens.

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

Handy Tip the third:
Take your duplicate scratch track, name it "Blank" or some such, and drag it to your INTERNAL hard drive. Import the duplicate into kJams. That way you can do edit work while your main external library is offline.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

8)