Is the serial number thing fixed?

Need help? Ask your questions here! I'll try to answer every one, but anyone can answer!
FireD41

Is the serial number thing fixed?

Post by FireD41 »

Hi Dave,
I'm new at KJams and I must say i do like what i see so far. I did email you regarding a concern I have about the serial number problem. I saw posts from 2005 that customers were not able to use there serial numbers if they made hardware changes. I have three banquet halls that i want to use KJams, every once in a while I do break a lap top here and there and replace it. I don't want to have that problem not being able to re-enter a serial number I have paid for. Please let me know if that is resolved and as soon as i know I'll make the purchase for my three locations.

thank you,
Armando

dave
Site Admin

Re: Is the serial number thing fixed?

Post by dave »

kJams has what i call "minimal DRM", that is, enough to discourage casual copying, but not enough to make you hate it. in general, it "just works". so if your computer ether net card changes, or if you want to transfer to a different computer, you can easily just run kJams on the new computer, and enter your serial number. you can actually activate TWO copies of kJams at the same time.

like iTunes, your activations can be reset at any time, freeing up the 2 activations so you can run on a new or changed computer. You need only write to me at any time and i will reset your activations. I am extremely responsive to my customers, so you need not worry that you'll be stuck. In case you're paranoid, in my will it specifies how my successor should reset your activations when you ask :)

you can even ask ahead of time if you plan to buy a new computer and kjams will already be ready to go for you on the new computer.

FireD41

Post by FireD41 »

Thank you Dave, Great to know. As of right now I'm liking the software

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

8)