Triacera files -- Help please

Need help? Ask your questions here! I'll try to answer every one, but anyone can answer!
xandra

Triacera files -- Help please

Post by xandra »

since triacera was listed as a place to download files (also their website'ss only mention of Mac was that you'd need to be able to expand zip files) So , I went ahead and downloaded a few songs..

unfortunately - the downloads were not just the files, but rather .exe's (I assume app was an installer.)
I'm on a PPC Mac (PmacG5) thus don't have windoze installed. - and frankly not crazy bout running any app just to download a file or two.

Did I download from the wrong area? what's the poop.. How do you download just the zips?

xandra

dave
Site Admin

hmmm

Post by dave »

i don't know where you went on the Tricerasoft site, but i just bought and downloaded a song and got a zip file.

got it from this area:
https://www.tricerasoft.com/cgi-bin/Kar ... /index.asp

i have updated the link in the FAQ

xandra

The Solution

Post by xandra »

Tried again with different result... so I emailed Triacera. Just in case any has same problem... HERE's the answer:

They said that 'Safari and other Mac browsers erroneously add the .exe extension to zip files... just remove the '.exe'...'

Must say I've NEVER had this occur with any other website. so I'm left wondering if it's cuz of uppercase ZIP or if they embed some code in their files.

Regardless, for others in this situation: just change file name so that it ends in .zip (removing the .exe)
xandra

dave
Site Admin

ah, okay!

Post by dave »

Yup sorry i was using FireFox so did not hit that snag.

-dave