KJ Producer

Need help? Ask your questions here! I'll try to answer every one, but anyone can answer!
Brendan

KJ Producer

Post by Brendan »

Is KJ Producer available to purchase? Is it easy to use? Where can i find more info on it? i only see one page about the program.
Thanks

dave
Site Admin

:)

Post by dave »

Is KJ Producer available to purchase?
no. Update: YES
Is it easy to use?
not by a very long shot, not yet. Update: It's a lot better now
Where can i find more info on it?
There is only this page, there is no more info.

Old Info:
It is only available to people who utterly convince me they are technically savvy, and that they will actually have *time* at least two hours a week to dedicate to using it and testing it, and sending me their feedback. Also you must already have purchased the Pro version. And when the beta expires you will have to purchase it if you want to keep using it. (it will be a separate plugin) I'm only interested in dedicated testers, I do not want people "just checking it out". If this describes you let me know..

Updated Info:
Go download it, it's fun!
Last edited by dave on Fri May 23, 2008 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Okay, well i am not "technically saavy" so i guess i will have to wait. I am very interested in this type of program and a may purchase a windows version until you get KJ producer runnning. Do you have a time frame? perhaps within the year?
Thanks

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

no time frame.
it's a labor of love, i'm doing it really because *I* want a tool on mac. there isn't much interest from what i can tell, it's a pretty niche market. However, the more people who express interest in it, the faster I will create it.

you should put a Change Notifier on the Producer page, so you'll be alerted to when i work on it. when it becomes easier to use i'm sure you'll be interested.

-dave

Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Don't get me wrong, i am definately intrested. Would love to try it out. I will put the change notifier on for future changes. I'm sure you have your hands full with Kjams. I had a karaoke party last week and all my friends were amazed with the program. It just keeps getting better!

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

Don't get me wrong, i am definately intrested
sorry, my bad, what i meant was: when it becomes easier to use, you'll want to be notified
It just keeps getting better!
yaaaaay!

-dave

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

Now available for tryout or purchase! Just go to the Downloads page :)

randyj

Post by randyj »

ran the installer package, says it worked, but no new preference pane or menu item under Special

one problem may be that I have a couple of versions hanging around gathering dust (including Lite and Pro) -- in case I'm doing a show and it craps out on me, I want an older version to fall back on.

I always keep my latest version in the Dock. Which copy of kJams is the installer picking?

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

did you quit kJams and run it again after you installed?

the plugin goes into the plugins folder which is used by whatever kJams is running. but it must be d49r7 or later to support the Producer plugin.

randyj

Post by randyj »

I had an older version. Updated, and now it works. I can see I'll have a few questions! But I'm playing with it and reading the wiki article first

Brendan

Post by Brendan »

I have to say, the video tutorial for Producer has helped me tremendously. I think you did a great job making this tutorial, do you plan on making more in the future :?: Now i can play with and tweak my CDG's
Thank you

dave
Site Admin

yes

Post by dave »

yes i plan to make bunches of them as time permits