Crashes when i try to remove something

Need help? Ask your questions here! I'll try to answer every one, but anyone can answer!
Herb Girl

Crashes when i try to remove something

Post by Herb Girl »

I have tried to remove a faulty zip, when i do so, the program crashes.
I cannot rename either. Don't want the program to crash in the middle of a show because I have two files the same name this is the latest fix

Also, the video thing DID NOT WORK! The TV kept going crazy, like a video that needs tracking, the picture would not sit still, there is no tracking on my simple tv. The big screen would not even pick it up at all.

I am going to bring my big computer monitor in, maybe that will do it!

If I cannot get that issue resolved I don't know if I can use this program

Thanks for all your help!
It ain't a contest, so get yer yella teeth and bad liver down here and sing!

dave
Site Admin

:)

Post by dave »

I have tried to remove a faulty zip, when i do so, the program crashes.
there is a bug right now where it will crash if you try to delete a song that is otherwise being used (playing, unzipping, zipping, meta push / pulling, saving database etc). the simple solution is to keep the tasks window open and watch it. don't delete songs when there are tasks. keep in mind that the push / pull tasks take 10 seconds to show up after you change any meta data. so this bug is quite easily avoided.
Also, the video thing DID NOT WORK! The TV kept going crazy, like a video that needs tracking, the picture would not sit still, there is no tracking on my simple tv. The big screen would not even pick it up at all.
this has nothing at all to do with kJams. I am guessing your display prefs are set to PAL vs. NTSC for your TV.

-dave

jfbiii

Post by jfbiii »

I had an issue with my laptop doing weird things on the tv. There would be some bars coming across the screen like it was redrawing very slowly, and I started to notice the issue on my actual laptop screen as well. A few searches (frustrating) at support.apple.com turned up similar issues with other versions of operating system, so I tried the suggested fix of zapping pram. Worked like a charm. The process for doing that apparently also zaps vpram or whatever the video card equivalent of pram is.

Shut down computer
Restart holding down command-option-p-r
Apparently if you get the grey screen before you have the keys held down you'll have to try again.

Your mileage may vary, but the problem you're describing sounds similar to what I ran into.

Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Figure it out! you will be glad when you do!

dave
Site Admin

:)

Post by dave »

i have figured it out. and i know what needs to happen.

tho it's rather a lot of work.

i'm procrastinating.

and telling people "don't delete stuff while it's in use" :)

but eventually, of course, it will be fixed.

Update: Oh, you were responding to Herb Girl, right i see. i thought you were encouraging me to figure out what the bug was :)

Brendan

Post by Brendan »

yup, it's not good etiquette to delete something while playing anyway :shock:

dave
Site Admin

:(

Post by dave »

sadly i think we've lost her to the dark side :cry: