newbie here

Need help? Ask your questions here! I'll try to answer every one, but anyone can answer!
samd12

newbie here

Post by samd12 »

I hope I am not missing something here. I downloaded and setup the trial version to test out the product and have 2, I hope, not very dumb questions.
I downloaded a couple midi kar files and when they play it seems that words that come up on the screen seem to switch to the next verse at the last second not really giving the person time to see what is coming. Is this just with midi files or if I invest into this will files I purchase also do this? Is this adjustable in either the demo or full version?
Also what are the best file types to use/purchase?

And one last question if I want to use this at parties for hire is my purchase of this product and then the music all I need to be legal.

Thanks

dave
Site Admin

:)

Post by dave »

midi kar files and when they play it seems that words that come up on the screen seem to switch to the next verse at the last second not really giving the person time to see what is coming
that's because most kar files are just bogus. in any case, you want to stay away from midi / kar files just cuz they sound so terrible
will files I purchase also do this?
no, certainly not. try the demo song from the web site.
Is this [lyric timing] adjustable?
soon there will be a timing adjuster slider, but that's not in yet.
what are the best file types to use/purchase?
CD+G or SuperCDG
if I want to use this at parties for hire is my purchase of this product and then the music all I need to be legal
for public performance you need a kJams Pro license. (the Lite version does not have a public performance license). As far as the music, however, it's a gray area. If you are hired by a bar or other venue then they usually pay the music license fee. I do not know what the story is if you do private parties.