Play mpg file in kjams light

Need help? Ask your questions here! I'll try to answer every one, but anyone can answer!
chrigi06

Play mpg file in kjams light

Post by chrigi06 »

Hi

I'm trying to play mpg files in kjams light. The import worked with no error. But if I want to play such a track I get the error

Can't move this media type to a background thread.

Can anyone help me on this ?

By the way : I got these mpg files by ripping a VCD with the open source tool vcdxrip.

dave
Site Admin

good question!

Post by dave »

Yes you caught me! MPEG1 and 2 files have what is called "muxed" audio, that is the audio stream is actually interleaved within the video stream (as opposed to keeping it in a separate stream). anyway long story short i'm working on it.

if you *really* want them to work now, you'll have to demux them before importing into kJams.

eventually kJams will do this for you, and also let you rip and play VCDs.

chrigi06

Thank you, it works now !

Post by chrigi06 »

Thank you for the hint !

I've found a free MPEG to MOV converter on

http://www.squared5.com/

It works perfect and my wife is now happy with her Thai karaoke ... :-)

chrigi06

Post by chrigi06 »

Hi

I saw in your changelog that you fixed the 'background thread' problem and that you're now able to play MPEG-1 files.

How can I get this newest version 1.0d47 ? If I click on 'Check for updates', I got the answer :

You have kJams Light version 1.0d46.
no new versions available.

I wouldn't mind to be your 'tester' and I don't care if the newest version is still buggy. Thanks !

dave
Site Admin

'twill be posted tonight

Post by dave »

fear not, the new version shall be released tonight :D

chrigi06

Post by chrigi06 »

Hi

I upgraded today to 1.0d46r1 and installed the ffmpeg plugin. But when I try to play a MPEG-1 file, I get the following error :

Spooler error : 256

Any idea ?

dave
Site Admin

need a lot more info than that

Post by dave »

please email me your log file, thanks. to learn how to do that, check the faq

KaraokeAuditor

Still having trouble with MPEG

Post by KaraokeAuditor »

Hi, Just switched over to MAC and found this software. (Was using Tricerasoft...base version....not a KJ...just a home singer.)

Tried to play file and it said I needed the MPEG file. Followed the instructions from the site (download, move ffmpeg to library, correct folder) still says I need the download. Still using the tryout version of kjams so maybe that's it. Also, just put the kJams Pro application into the application folder...didn't run a download because I couldn't find a .dmg file. Maybe I missed something. Originally downloaded on a windows pc (save to file), unzipped on the windows pc, then moved everything over to mac.

Thanks for any help.

Russ

dave
Site Admin

:)

Post by dave »

you need to download it on the mac. at the very least, transfer the zip file to the mac and unzip it there, do not unzip it on the PC
did you quit then run kJams after you installed the plugin?

KaraokeAuditor

More help with ffmpeg

Post by KaraokeAuditor »

Ok, I deleted what I brought over from pc and redownloaded fresh from the site. From the downloads folder, it must have automatically unzipped, because the kJams file with icon was the only thing there. I moved that to Applications. I had originally gone to Library, Application Support, and created a folder called kJams. I deleted the ffmpeg file I had placed there because I hadn't done it holding down the Option key, and I followed the directions again, this time holding that key down.

Tried it and no go, then restarted the program and no go. Any other ideas will be much appreciated. I love the design and setup of this program.
THANKS
Russ

KaraokeAuditor

One more comment that might help with my ffmpeg problem....

Post by KaraokeAuditor »

One other thing I just tried...I looked up the file I was trying to play (Mack the Knife.mpg). I double clicked on it to see what would happen. It came up in a Quicktime window and plays just fine.

Thanks for any suggestions. Would rather is play in the player.

Russ

dave
Site Admin

??

Post by dave »

it should play just fine
please email me your fone number