Cant find song

Need help? Ask your questions here! I'll try to answer every one, but anyone can answer!
Brendan

Cant find song

Post by Brendan »

I am slowly building my library on Kjams. Once in a while i will click on a song in the library to play it and a message comes up that says it cant be found, "do you want to look for it manually? " I click yes and it brings me to a fil folder in Kjams with some songs listed as zipped. Am i doing something to cause these songs not to work? Does pulling a song from a playlist cause this? How do i recover a song? I have been deleting it from my library and ripping the song again but is there an easier way?

dave
Site Admin

?

Post by dave »

next time that happens look in the log file, it will tell you where kJams BELIEVES the song to be. then you can know if it was accidentally moved or it's path has otherwise changed.

http://www.kjams.com/wiki/Logs

this should never happen assuming you never touch files on your hard drive AFTER they've been imported into kJams.

ChurchCat

Post by ChurchCat »

These songs, they aren't the last track from a disc that you have ripped are they?

I lost a few this way, i.e. I shut down kJams after I got the "bell" telling me the disc was ripped but the encoding had not quite finished. I now make sure that I keep the tasks window open till all activity has stopped.

CC
Every forum needs it's own cat.

Brendan

Post by Brendan »

No, they are from the same disc, about two to three discs giving me the same problem. mostly from the beginning of the CD.

dave
Site Admin

:)

Post by dave »

you should certainly be able to quit the moment the "bling" sound happens. the encode is sortof secondary and can happen the next time you start up. it should certainly not "forget" that it needs to be encoded. i've tested this extensively, and it always remembers and picks up the encodes if i aborted them due to quitting or hitting the stop sign.

I really want to see this in action, it's the most sure fire way i can fix it. If it is still happening, can i see? are you available for a phone call monday night after 6pm PST?

-dave

Brendan

Post by Brendan »

These are Demo discs from Vocopro i am having problems with. No info comes up on the disc when i insert it into the drive. I think what i'm doing wrong is ripping them and then adding the song info to them afterwards. Would this cause them not to be found by Kjams?

dave
Site Admin

:)

Post by dave »

yes, this is very clearly documented