Crash on song "play" command

Feel free to post bug reports here. I need exact, detailed steps showing me how I can re-create the bug on my machine, so give as much info and detail as possible.
DH44

Crash on song "play" command

Post by DH44 »

I'm just starting with kJams and like it so far. However, I'm having difficulty with many of the songs I have loaded. All my songs were added to the library as KMA files from Hoster. Running through kJams I can select a song in "Search" and add it to a singer. When clicking the play button, the lyrics window shows "play:Song name" and then nothing. No music, no change in the seconds, then a spinning cursor once or twice and "poof" the whole application shuts down. It seems to be happening more on the "off-brand" labels- the non-Soundchoice or Chartbuster, but it happens on those as well. If I immediately go into Windows and open the same song in Hoster it plays. Any ideas?
Thanks

dave
Site Admin

Re: Crash on song "play" command

Post by dave »

send me the song. nobody else is experiencing this problem, that i have heard of.

DH44

Post by DH44 »

Dave-
I sent the song and I'm still unable to play it. Do you think it would help if I rebuilt the library with fewer songs? The file I sent you plays in Hoster and the source zip file unzipped plays in Winamp with the CDG plugin used- it works.......

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

the file you sent is KMA, which is actually WMV, which requires Flip4Mac, make sure you have the latest Flip4Mac installed.

DH44

Post by DH44 »

Dave-
I've just tried an assortment of songs and they all work since checking the "Use Core Graphics" selection in Preferences. Strange but it works!

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

so, UN-check "use core graphics" and confirm that it does NOT work with that

DH44

Post by DH44 »

Weird- un-check and it still works. I didn't change anything else in the preferences or anything. The only other thing that is different is I uninstalled Parallels Desktop. Maybe that's it- MTU Hoster was installed under Parallels and I had pointed to the MTU kma songs folder when building the library. Would there be a potential problem pointing to a folder created under the virtual Windows 7 machine? I would think that none of the songs at all would play. Maybe some had different permissions? Who knows- but kJams is working now so I'm :D

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

clear your cache (in kjams prefs) see what happens then
let me know
sounds pretty strange

DH44

Post by DH44 »

Cleared the cache- songs that were problems before worked with or without "Use core graphics" checked. It must have been pointing to the Hoster folder was the problem?

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

i can't really say. very strange. but i'm glad it's working now :D