Burning Plugin with PowerMac G5

Feel free to post bug reports here. I need exact, detailed steps showing me how I can re-create the bug on my machine, so give as much info and detail as possible.
sixtyk

Burning Plugin with PowerMac G5

Post by sixtyk »

I tried using the tryout version of the burning plug-in twice last night.

The first time, I got the following:

Assert Fail: i_zipFileD = = NULL, in file: '/Users/davec/Developer/depot/kJams/Development/source/music/CSong.cpp' at line 3064.

The second time everything burned successfully and I tried to play the disk both in kJams and professional JVC CD+G deck. In both cases, the audio was fine but the video/text was jumbled and unusable.

I'm using a PowerMac G5 1.8 GHz/160 GB/1 GB
The optical drive is identified as "SONY DVD RW DW-U10 A"

dave
Site Admin

drive compatability

Post by dave »

I'm sure you checked this:
http://www.kjams.com/wiki/FAQ#What_driv ... pported.3F

And discovered that your drive is not listed. Just to be sure I found the drive here. Sadly, it certainly is not capable of producing CD+G discs. From the spec sheet:
DW-U10A:
DVD-ROM, DVD+R, DVD+RW, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD-Video CD,
CD-DA, CD-ROM (XA), CD Extra, Video CD, Photo CD*, CD Text, multi-session
Note the conspicuous absence of "CD+G"

The assert, by the way, is harmless for you. It's just telling me I didn't clean up something i should have.

sixtyk

Post by sixtyk »

Yes I looked at the list but it said it was not completely up to date so I thought I would try it as it was successfully ripping CD+G disks for me...

Anyway, I decided to try an external CD-R/RW that I hadn't used in a while... A Lite-ON LTR-52246S which was also not on the list but worked perfectly so it looks like I'll be buying the burning plug-in as well...