Freeze on search

Feel free to post bug reports here. I need exact, detailed steps showing me how I can re-create the bug on my machine, so give as much info and detail as possible.
Karanight

Freeze on search

Post by Karanight »

Last night when I searched the library most of the time it went fine with no problems but 3 times during the night I had kJams freeze during a search
I had in prefs Update search as you type, selected and most of the time it went OK. After the 3rd time I opened an older version and had no more probs
I'm away for a few days so I wont be able to answer any questions till I get back
Posted by Len of LensKaraoke fame

Web site at
http://lenskaraoke.com

dave
Site Admin

Re: Freeze on search

Post by dave »

turn OFF "update search as you type"

cooldjmac

Post by cooldjmac »

I also have this issue when searching I do have the update search as you type turned off.

I can type the entire name of what I am searching for fine, but once I press enter to begin the search, the output video will freeze for a second or two (which will really mess some singers up). It seems to catch up fine, but the one to two second video lockup looks bad.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

you must be on an old version, because the current version does NOT stutter the video at all. please update to latest

Sedge

Post by Sedge »

I think I also had similar problems, but my fix, if I remember correctly, was to stop either viewing or sorting by (I forget which) columns that read data from the sidecar xml files that kJams writes to disk.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

if that is the case please verify:
http://karaoke.kjams.com/wiki/Slow_Searching

tell me if hiding those colums helps!