Song won't play

Feel free to post bug reports here. I need exact, detailed steps showing me how I can re-create the bug on my machine, so give as much info and detail as possible.
DeusExMachina

Song won't play

Post by DeusExMachina »

So I stumbled upon a weird "bug."
When I tried to play "Purple Haze by Hendrix, from .zip file, everything went smoothly, but ttere was no audio. I tried unzipping it, and still no audio.
Then began the true weirdness.
I tried llstening to the mp3 in the preview panel in finder, and there was no sound. So I opened it up in QT and it played fine! Next I opened it with iTunes, and it also played fine. Same with VLC
So something is stopping it from playing out in both kJams and finder preview, but not in the main apps.
So I trashed the unzipped mp3, and on a whim, tried to preview it, lo and behold, it played! I removed it from the trash, and now it still plays in preview pane. But it still will not play in kJams.
Any clue?

dave
Site Admin

:)

Post by dave »

i've been tracking that bug for a while but still have not found a reliable way to reproduce it.

if it happens, just STOP the song, then clear your cache. then play it and it should be fine.

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

Well, it appears to be related to the "skip silence at beginning of track" feature. After clearing the cache, it still would not play. I then unchecked the above option, and it played fine.
After reinstating the feature, it still played fine.
Here is some more debug information:
After deleteing the song, and unchecking the option and reimporting, it played fine without having to explicitly clear the cache. If you delete the song and reimport, and uncheck this option as the song is autoplayting, it will play about a quarter of a second, and then go mute again.
If I import the song with this feature off, I can then turn it on and play it back without problem.
That's it for my troubleshooting so far.

dave
Site Admin

:)

Post by dave »

thanks for the report
it's on the list "to fix"
:oops: