.pcm (pre culiar mystery

Feel free to post bug reports here. I need exact, detailed steps showing me how I can re-create the bug on my machine, so give as much info and detail as possible.
Natasha

.pcm (pre culiar mystery

Post by Natasha »

Hi Dave-
I'm not crashing so i don't get a bug report to send to you.

KJams has been creating a number folders containing .pcm files on my computer.

If I play a song (i'm not in love; 10cc), play a few more songs, and go to play it (i'm not in love; 10cc) again, I'll get nothing but a +G in the main 'time' window.

Here's where things get hairy- I only know to look for the .pcm file now if a song doesn't play. Deleting the .pcm file makes the song playable again, but once it's played it appears again.

Is there anything I can do or send to you that could solve this puzzle- or

is there something already written, that I can read to help me understand this better.

I'm update to date with my version.

still a huge fan-
Natasha

Natasha

pcm and my version

Post by Natasha »

I'm using 1.0d41r25

Natasha

dave
Site Admin

upgrade

Post by dave »

the latest version is r28, that bug may have already been fixed. By the way it's normal for .pcm files to be created, those are the "uncompressed" versions of the mpg files.

-dave

Natasha

version r30 still doing it

Post by Natasha »

It is create unknown album folders and copying the cdg and the pcm file with the same name- after this occurs the file cannot be played again from the library.
Is this the result of my bad filing methods?
(some zips, some folders, some artist before song and vice-a-versa)?

dave
Site Admin

please write directly to me

Post by dave »

when it's a complicated situation, it works much better if you email me directly, dave@kjams.com

Why don't you register in the forum, so you don't have to keep using the Guest account?

I think this has to do with the album/artist/song name. kt requires they be unique, if they are not, it will not work. ie: unknown artist/unknown album/01 Audio Track.cdg will most certainly cause problem.

karaokeblvd

registered

Post by karaokeblvd »

thanks for your continued help!
Natasha

dave
Site Admin

Re: .pcm (pre culiar mystery

Post by dave »

8)