I lost some singers

Feel free to post bug reports here. I need exact, detailed steps showing me how I can re-create the bug on my machine, so give as much info and detail as possible.
HowardBrazee

I lost some singers

Post by HowardBrazee »

I opened a venue in kJams and some singers were missing. I found that some of the names in /Users/HBrazee/Music/kJams/kJams Library/Venues/Affinity/Singers/ were shortcuts to /Users/HBrazee/.Trash/Singers/Singers/ ! In Time Machine, I kept finding them as shortcuts.

I want to get these singers (with their history) back, but don't know where to look.

Tomorrow's our every-four-week Karaoke night. I was going to look at people's history tonight, but some people (including me) aren't visible from kJams, and are shortcuts in the directory.

dave
Site Admin

Re: I lost some singers

Post by dave »

note that if you create a singer in venue A, then go to venue B and add that singer to that venue, it's JUST an alias to the one in Venue A, there's no copy made.

so if you then go to venue A and DELETE That singer, you're trashing the only copy, and the alias in venue B will then point to the one in the trash.

not sure HOW you got into this state, but you basically have to put everything back to the way it was BEFORE you trashed the singer from the first venue?

HowardBrazee

Post by HowardBrazee »

I did play with venues, before deleting all but one.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

that's probably it. you probably deleted the original singers. i can't really help you recover from deletion, you'll just have to find a backup that had things the way you wanted?