Server: Auto-Logout broken

Feel free to post bug reports here. I need exact, detailed steps showing me how I can re-create the bug on my machine, so give as much info and detail as possible.
DeusExMachina

Server: Auto-Logout broken

Post by DeusExMachina »

Changing the auto-logout value apparently doesn't take. kJams uses the value of 120 seconds no matter what you set it to in preferences. Relaunching the app doesn't help.
Unless you set it to 0.
Setting the time value to 0 crashes the app as soon as someone logs in!

dave
Site Admin

Re: Server: Auto-Logout broken

Post by dave »

i just looked at the code and it's definitely operating as expected. can you reproduce the problem 100% of the time?

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

Yes.
100% of the time.
As I wrote on the other thread:
Regardless of how you set the value in preferences, server will log you out after 120 seconds, and return you to the login screen. I have tried with values over 120, some significantly so, and others below, both with and without a relaunch. It makes no difference. 120 seconds after the last activity, you are returned to the login screen.
Unless it's set to 0. That crashed kJams outright.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

perhaps it's hard coded in the web client code?

are you testing wtkJams too? i think that does honor the timeout value.

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

As you might recall, I originally wrote auto-logout code into the client-side, and added the code to the wiki, which was supplanted when it became canonical.
So after that, I took out all my code. But now, looking at both the canonical code and mine, I am seeing a few things: first, there is stuff in the canonical code that does not do anything (because it came from my code that did things on my end, but is not fully implemented on yours!) and second, there was some debugging stuff left in on my end from the last time autologout was not working that was interfering with the new autologout.

Putting 0 in the autologout sessions delay prefs still crashes kJams as soon as the main.html page is loaded.
That said, there does appear to be logic in the app that knows this is not a good thing, and on relaunch after such a crash, sets kJams back to the default 120 seconds.

WTKJams Lite does not respect the auto-logout value at all. It can be set at 10 seconds or two minutes. As long as the app isn't forced to reload, it will remain happily connected to kJams, and kJams will just as happily accept its input.
I don't know about the non-Lite version, but I see no reason it would be different.

I am not sure about KE, since I do not currently have my tablets that have KE installed to test.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

send me an updated version of the client code and i'll submit it. putting 0 into prefs has been fixed on my end but not yet released. i think wtkJams has a "ping" on a timer, so it never times out? except perhaps in the KE version when the user literally hasn't touched the screen over the timeout period

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

I'm going to do some inspection of the code and try to clean it up.
No idea about the internals of WTKJams, but from the external behaviour, that sounds about right (though I suspect that if the app itself unloads on the device, like when the user leaves their phone in their pocket for an hour, it disconnects).

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

8)