Quicktime export

Feel free to post bug reports here. I need exact, detailed steps showing me how I can re-create the bug on my machine, so give as much info and detail as possible.
Rayco

Quicktime export

Post by Rayco »

Hi,

I have tried the quicktime export but when I try to open it in the program I use to 'top and tail' the files I get the error;
INCORRECT FILE TYPE

I can get around this by opening in quicktime and doing a save-as but it takes a more time.

I like to have the files so they all start at 1 second in rather than 10 secs, there is nothing worse than having a drunk with a mic let loose for 10 seconds of musical silence.

I currently use all MP4's on my live work (for about 2 years now), having started with 12" laserdiscs and moved on to a collection of 700 cdg's it's a real boon to use thge laptop now.

It may be a good idea for a future feature for the software to cue to the start of the music (or a KJ preset of 1-3 secs).

Cheers
Rayco

dave
Site Admin

QT support

Post by dave »

kJams right now does NOT open QuickTime files. Yes I'm working on it, soon you'll be able to import QuickTime movies just like MP3+G files.

Yes there is a feature on my list that will que the music and pause it at the first non-silent sample, for instant-on when you un-pause.

There is absolutely no point in converting CDG to QuickTime for use within kJams. an MP3+G that takes 5MB of disk space will take maybe 70MB when converted to a movie, since there is no compression yet, and when there is, it will be lossy (read: the quality will degrade), and if you got rid of the original, you forever loose the ability to burn it to a new CDG. The ONLY reason to convert from CDG to QuickTime is if you're going to your iPod or to a DVD.

QuickTime *import* will be useful if you are coming from laser disc or any other video format.

The older version would let you see the movie in the finder before it had completed exporting, it would give an error if you tried to open it. I've fixed this so that the movie only appears after the move has completed exporting. To watch the export process, keep the "Tasks" window open.

-dave

Rayco

Quicktime export

Post by Rayco »

Hi Dave,

Yes I have read the 'to do' list and the ability to import quicktime would be an advantage to me.

Just now I use ***** for live work, I'm a working KJ - have been for 27 years and still going. Although a lot of feature you have in kJams are great for home use, I am looking at it for preparation of files and experimenting with key and tempo changes. Hence the ned to export the key changes to a QT file.

In my current program I combine CDG files which I have converted to MP4's, along with logos, adverts, music videos, MP3's, cartoons, quiz questions, bingo numbers,splash screens, messages, keynote presentations, and anything else I can think of.

Now that programs like yours and Video iPods are available most users wil never want to create a CDG disc. Who needs a CDG disc if the only machine you play it on is not a karaoke player.

kJams is showing a lot of promise and once it is stable and as easy to use as my current program I will test drive it 'on the road' but until then I think it will only be on my home machine.
Rayco

dave
Site Admin

Re: Quicktime export

Post by dave »

kJams can now import QuickTime and export Audio+G files to QuickTime while preserving your pitch changes.