don't play whitout zip

Feel free to post bug reports here. I need exact, detailed steps showing me how I can re-create the bug on my machine, so give as much info and detail as possible.
digitaldream

don't play whitout zip

Post by digitaldream »

hello Dave, I am using kjams pro 1.0d47r21 in one laptop powerbook g4 and only this version can play songs that were riping previously with kjams and that not zipped. they are in ACC I have many but in mp3 that adds to the library also zipped and those do not have problem with new
versions of kjams. that is what this badly? Thanks and excuse my english

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

I am using kjams pro 1.0d47r21
I am trying to understand. Are you saying that the latest version (d48) does not play zipped AAC files?

digitaldream

Post by digitaldream »

I say ..my archives ACC don't zipped no play in the new versions only in 1.0d47r21 :oops:

dave
Site Admin

?

Post by dave »

do you mean:

songs that you had previously ripped into AAC that are NOT zipped do not play in the latest version?

that songs you had previously ripped into AAC that ARE zipped DO play in the latest version?

digitaldream

Post by digitaldream »

i say ...the songs previously ripped into AAC that are NOT zipped do not play in the latest version

dave
Site Admin

send me your stuff

Post by dave »

I just ripped a song from a CD using the "MPEG-4 / AAC Best" settings, NOT zipped. I then cleared my cache, then played the song, and it played just fine.

I am not able to reproduce the bug you are reporting.

Please email me a song that is not working for you (both the audio and the cdg file)

-dave

digitaldream

Post by digitaldream »

Im gonna send you a song that i cant be able to play with no zip format.

And im sending you too my library.xml and songs.ktd files.

I already erased the cache, all preferences except the serial number and all the files that are related to kjams. And i did back up the music folder and library.

I downloaded the new kjams versions and replaced the new folders with my back ups. All opened with my ID's and playlists, info, etc alright, but the problem is that doesnt play my files that were zipped previously without the zip option, but i re-installed the 1.0d47r21 and that version works just fine!

Do you think i have my library.xml and songs.ktd files corrupted?

I dont want to loose my ID's info.

i tell you that in the newest version if i try to play those files that i have problems with, doesnt give me a error message, but if i click in the show originals option i find the file and if click "preview" in the file... it begins to play. and then... i close that window, then i click in the same song in kjams and now it plays! Ive done this with several songs with the problem, and after that those songs... play correctly, and then i click on save database, then... i quit kjams, then... i re-open kjams and i have the same problem, and the last time, i received this error message "Fork timer error: Unknown error"

I have installed the 2 versions (old 1.0d47r21 and new) in the same computer and the old one works fine, but newest not.

I also tried with only one version installed in my computer and the problem persist.

My problem its only with acc files. because i have other mp3s that were unzipped that they werent ripped in kjams and doesnt have the problem.

Also if i rip a new acc files without zip option, it works fine! but doesnt play my old acc files.

Tell me what you need me to send you please. what i do?

I hope everything is clear now. Thank you.

dave
Site Admin

ok

Post by dave »

And im sending you too my library.xml and songs.ktd files.
That will not help, what I need is the entire "kJams Library" folder, zipped of course.

Not really clear, it would be best for me to look at your screen.
Are you on Tiger or Leopard?
I am available tonight.

digitaldream

Post by digitaldream »

I already sent you the kjams library folder.

dave
Site Admin

AH!

Post by dave »

I see now, the AAC file (which is an MPEG4 file actually) has a ".mov" file extension. that is the critical piece i was missing.

okay i will fix it, thanks.

digitaldream

Post by digitaldream »

Hello Dave some news of my case? :D

dave
Site Admin

sorry

Post by dave »

sorry i just been all procrastinatey lately. you are at the top of my list however and I hope to have an answer and/or a fix for you by sunday night!

-dave

digitaldream

Post by digitaldream »

perfect it will wait for....

digitaldream

Post by digitaldream »

Hello Dave some news? :)

dave
Site Admin

news

Post by dave »

if you ever want the very latest news go to the Version History page, and click on the "click here" button under "not released yet".