Zipped files wont key change whilst playing

Feel free to post bug reports here. I need exact, detailed steps showing me how I can re-create the bug on my machine, so give as much info and detail as possible.
DaveT

Zipped files wont key change whilst playing

Post by DaveT »

As the title says, Files that are NOT zipped, I can change the key of the song on the fly whilst it is playing. Files that ARE zipped i have to stop the song playing, make the key change and then start the song again. Am i missing something in the menus, as this used to work with no problems.

V1.0.2b8, using the waves audio plugin

Thanks

Dave (T)

dave
Site Admin

Re: Zipped files wont key change whilst playing

Post by dave »

i think the answer is "don't use the waves plugin"

to turn it off, hold option (alt) while going to prefs, you'll see "secret" prefs, in there you can turn it off

DaveT

Post by DaveT »

Ouch...... hate the Apple plugin as you know. Why has it changed. It worked up until recently.

Dave

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

nothing on my end has changes in that regard, i do not know what could cause that. :(
problem is i do not have a WAVES license to test with ☹

DaveT

Post by DaveT »

HI Dave -- doing a bit of pre gig testing today, and have noticed that its not just zip files. It appears to be completely random which files will allow key changes and which wont. I have switched off the waves plugin, and repeated the tests, and i have some files which just refuse point blank to allow the key to be changed.

Anyone else having issues with some files not allowing the key to be changed?

Im heading out to a gig just now, but will try to sit down tomorrow and see if i can find a quantity of files that dont want to change, and perhaps send them over for you to test yourself if thats ok?

Its probably something silly I'm missing, but i have now tested it on both my gigging MacBook and also my home iMac and appear to be able to replicate it on both (both different databases and different song locations). I will also see if its happens to the same songs on the different machines, or if its the same files giving the issues

Thanks

Dave (T)

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

the problem is a bug in "substitute songs" function. for now, turn that off in the secret pref panel (hold option when invoking prefs to see it)

DaveT

Post by DaveT »

8)

Thanks Dave will try it this weekend when i get home :)

DaveT

Post by DaveT »

Couldn't wait -- fantastic, i now have my precious key changer back lol

Thanks Dave

Dave (T)

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

:shock: