re-link to files

Feel free to post bug reports here. I need exact, detailed steps showing me how I can re-create the bug on my machine, so give as much info and detail as possible.
Karanight

re-link to files

Post by Karanight »

Is there a problem with 're-link to files' when a song won't play
Posted by Len of LensKaraoke fame

Web site at
http://lenskaraoke.com

dave
Site Admin

Re: re-link to files

Post by dave »

not that i know of. you tell me?

Karanight

Post by Karanight »

Firstly.
I'm using version 1.0.b99 on a late 2009 Mac Mini running Yosemite
Each time I tried to play a troublesome track, I cleared the cache in preferences.
I was playing all the tracks from the main library in kJams.
The reason I was doing this is because the KJ's that were working with the system reported that some of the tracks weren't playing and that they were having to 'Find' tracks.
So far I've not tried to re-link any other tracks but I've had a few that couldn't be found, so I had to find them within kJams using the 'Find' button in the window that appears when a track can't be found, each time I've done that the tracks have played.

I had two tracks that weren't playing, they were both M4P's
One of them was playing the correct track but the music from the M4P didn't play, instead, it played an MP3 from another track.
When I clicked 'Reveal in Finder' two finder windows opened, one was the M4P and the other was an MP3. When I played the M4P from the finder window, it played correctly, both the music and the words were correct.
When I looked at the MP3, for some weird reason the MP3 had the same exact same name as the M4P but the music was not what it should be.
I've got the CDG for this track so I tried to Re-link to the CDG but when I tried to play the track again, the CDG didn't play, the M4P played. I've previously edited the track so I know that it was the M4P that played.
I then deleted the MP3 and tried to play the M4P but I had the same problem. When I looked at the track in finder there's was another MP3 that was the same as the one I'd deleted, so I deleted all the MP3's with the same name and emptied the trash. That cured the problem

When I tried to play the second track, (another M4P) the track cue'd up and showed the beginning of the track but kJams skipped the track to play the next track in the list, I wasn't given the option to 'find the track'
When I tried to re-link the track and then play it I've had the same problem, so, as I've got the CDG for this track I tried to re-link the track to the CDG, but kJams still tried to play the M4P and still skipped to the next track in the list

So far I've successfully played 563 of the most popular tracks and still counting
Posted by Len of LensKaraoke fame

Web site at
http://lenskaraoke.com

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

sorry, i've been meaning to make an easy to understand tutorial about this, i just haven't got around to it yet.

First, see this article. Note: i'm aware the article and the tutorial video are not easy to understand. sorry about that. if you get stuck, let me know, or just call during office hours (or make an appointment) and i'll show you.
One of them was playing the correct track but the music from the M4P didn't play, instead, it played an MP3 from another track.
this possibly indicates a naming conflict. it's critical that songs have unique names on disk. i'd have to see the problem myself to help further.