Quicktime export error

Feel free to post bug reports here. I need exact, detailed steps showing me how I can re-create the bug on my machine, so give as much info and detail as possible.
franks

Quicktime export error

Post by franks »

On exporting songs from KJAMS to Qucktime, I get following error message on some songs.

(eg)[There was an error encoding the song "Believe.mov":"Parameter Error".]

This error is not encountered on all songs but on about 3 or 4 out of dozen I've randomly selected.

My KJAMS version is 1.0.1b85 ...... any thoughts

dave
Site Admin

Re: Quicktime export error

Post by dave »

does it happen 100% of the time on a particular song? if so, send that to me. if it's "random", that will he hard to fix without proper repro steps.

franks

Post by franks »

Exporting started out with sporadic success, but then failed on every export attempt.

I think I found the reason why ... see if you agree.

Activated Kjams version 1.0.1b85 on a second computer using dual core processors with OS 10.6.
All exports were successful!

On the first computer(PPC based, OS 10.5.8) having the export problem, I reactivated a previous Kjams version(1.0d52r28). With this version, all export tries were also successful!

Moral? always save Kjams version that is compatible with computer

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

well, okay, as a temporary work around, yes.

but no on the other thing: kJams is totally compatible with PPC computers. if you're having issues, FIRST: update to the latest version and try again, second: if you're still having issues, send me a file that's causing the problem, and i'll fix it.

note you can ALWAYS downgrade to any previous version, from the History page