Tricerasoft issues part 2

Feel free to post bug reports here. I need exact, detailed steps showing me how I can re-create the bug on my machine, so give as much info and detail as possible.
EVO

Tricerasoft issues part 2

Post by EVO »

I may be putting this in the wrong place as it is not really a kJams bug but it seemed the most appropriate location.

I think I am giving up on Tricerasoft. I am bummed as this was a great way to go for so long but I don't seem to be able to do a consistent show with them anymore. They seem to loose more songs every week and it causes issues with history and favorites. In addition at this weekends show I tried to use two songs from Tricerasoft and both created massive static noise and black screens.
Am I the only one having these issues? (I am purchasing the full subscription)

I download the songs every week after I purchase them and add them into the library but this doesn't update the history or favorites links so they are still trying to use the sources from Tricerasoft which may or may not be there anymore and even if they are may or may not work!?!

Understand I know this is not an issue with kJams or anything kJams can control but it was a very cool way to do shows without having to buy a 80K song library up front.

If I am missing something and it is just me (always a real possibility) please let me know. At this point I have started using Karaoke Version's website which allows me to add the songs to the library manually but at least I know they are rock solid and not going anywhere. I have also purchased songs from Karaoke Cloud and manually dropped them in the same way.

Any thoughts are appreciated!

dave
Site Admin

Re: Tricerasoft issues part 2

Post by dave »

the issue you bring up is very real, and is affecting more than just tricerasoft. there's a shakedown going on in the karaoke industry, so lots of songs are 'disappearing' from online distribution. the best method to insulate yourself from this is to purchase your downloads (not stream them) and keep backups.

now about the bugs:
1) static or glitchy sound: bring them to my attention immediately and i will get them resolved. i need the exact song/artist/album names
2) purchased songs not auto-replacing previously streamed songs which no longer exist: this is unfortunately not something that could possibly be fixed by kJams. kJams just stores the "song id" in playlists (eg: singers' history, library etc) of music store songs. the meta data (actual song name, artist, album etc) all get wiped when the song disappears, only the "song id" remains. since that "song id" no longer maps to a real song, there's no way to connect the song played to one that has been purchased.

EVO

Post by EVO »

I definitely agree that downloads are the best way now. The advantages of using the store have definitely been reduced by all the changes happening. It used to be really convenient and rock solid but it is definitely better to just add them manually now.

I did hit up the guys at Phoenix Entertainment Partners about kJams and its abilities. Who knows...

1) I know i need to do a better job of documenting the issues when they happen but in the middle of the show i am more focused on fixing the issue and making the experience seamless for the customer. I will try to nail down the songs that caused the problem. I only tried twice and then went to outside downloads so hopefully it will be easy to figure it out.

2) I totally get that it isn't something kJams can fix and why. My love of the convenience of the stores just makes me bummed out about the fact that it isn't realistic to use them anymore.

The software still kicks ass without this feature but one click was sure nice...wait maybe i'm just being lazy. :?

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

Adding the ability to do limited edits to the history lists would help here. This would also allow some sort of automating of switching a streamed track with a purchased track. Immediately after purchase, the user could be given the option to replace all instances of one with the other in playlists.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

good points