Some bizarre behaviour with 1.0.1b65 Dec 23, 2014

Feel free to post bug reports here. I need exact, detailed steps showing me how I can re-create the bug on my machine, so give as much info and detail as possible.
DaveT

Some bizarre behaviour with 1.0.1b65 Dec 23, 2014

Post by DaveT »

Hi Dave -- on Saturday morning i upgraded to 1.0.1b65 Dec 23, 2014. I found quite a few issues with it, and had to bring my singer off stage for a few minutes and play background music till i downgraded to 1.0.1b62 Dec 5, 2014 (which by luck i had on my memory stick). I grabbed some screen shots etc whilst it was happening just for your info.

Only other app running was one finder window and SMC fan control on the task bar.

First thing i found was that songs that were allowed to complete so they stopped themselves(played right to the end) - (i.e. as it was doing the silence at the end, i didn't jump right into the next song), caused the ring buffer to stay in the activity window.
Second thing - After about 7 songs It was so unstable, i had songs freezing left right and centre
Third thing -- When i tried to close Kjams down to restart, it caused it to freeze up whilst it was trying to abort background activities
Fourth thing -- i have smc fan control running on my task bar which was reporting my macbook to be running a lot hotter than normal even although i had my fans running at full speed in excess of 90degrees celsius. This normally even when im working it flat out doesn't go above about 80, clicked up process manager, and jams was running the processor between 200 and 315 percent!!! - no wonder it was running hot. Before i force closed it, i did a crash report.
Fifth thing -- i put my ring buffer back up when i downgraded (as this seemed to cure the last issues i had with freezing, and the last thing i wanted was to upset a crowd of almost 200 people with another problem) -- We got a surprise birthday request, so i went to fire up happy birthday song -- it wouldn't play no matter what i did, i then found (at my break) that as the track was only 30 seconds long, it was too small a file for the size of ring buffer. reducing the ring buffer back down allowed the track to play fine.

Sixth thing - i dont think is a bug, but thought best put it here anyway just in case. Whilst i was having all the problems at the start of the night, as the singer was singing, i thought best to check to make sure i was in fact running the latest version -- that was a big mistake i made. All music completely stopped to display my version number and wouldn't start again until i removed the version number display.

Hope the included information helps you Dave.

Thanks

Dave
Attachments
Archive.zip
Screen grabs of issues as they happened
(252.63 KiB) Downloaded 208 times
console.log.zip
Crash report log
(38.55 KiB) Downloaded 201 times

DaveT

Re: Some bizarre behaviour with 1.0.1b65 Dec 23, 2014

Post by DaveT »

OOPS -- also should say, they video window blinking was back for me -- it was flashing white randomly, until i downgraded.

Thanks

Dave

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

every bug you describe has already been fixed in b66

next time, look for an UPDATE before you decide to downgrade.

please try again with the CURRENT version and let me know if it's all sorted out.

DaveT

Post by DaveT »

Thanks Dave -- i had no option but to downgrade as i was live at the venue when the issues happened, and the only version i had with me was an older one

Dave

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

oh, and no internet, i guess!

okay gosh, good point. well, did updating to latest make all the problems go away?

DaveT

Post by DaveT »

Haven't had a chance to try it yet Dave -- been working with my main job lol. will try it out later this week :) thanks again for all your help. Dave

DaveT

Post by DaveT »

Hi Dave -- run with the new version on Saturday... Have now got the occasional pauses in the music back, and also the screen disappearing for a few seconds and then coming back again on the external monitor whilst playing. Time Machine was switched off, and no other programs running. i also had wifi and bluetooth switched off.

Dave

DaveT

Post by DaveT »

Silly question-- are any of these issues reported in V2 Kjams? It may be time for me to upgrade if it doesn't seem to affect it (will start saving my pennies) :)

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

please try the rogue here

this one has turned off "App Nap", which may fix the problem of the audio stutter!

i still do not understand how / why the video window would occasionally disappear

re: "kJams 2", it is exactly the same program as "kJams Pro", it just has more features. So, no, it's not possible that something that should work in kJams Pro but does not would be "fixed" in kJams 2.