tracks that vanish

Feel free to post bug reports here. I need exact, detailed steps showing me how I can re-create the bug on my machine, so give as much info and detail as possible.
lenskaraoke

tracks that vanish

Post by lenskaraoke »

Is there a limit on the number of songs I can put into the library. When I add to library they go in to the library and will play but after closing down and turning the laptop back on they are not there. I have tried saving the database before closing but that did'nt work. They still remain on the external HD
Tell the truth or lose the horse

dave
Site Admin

there are no secret limits

Post by dave »

that sounds like a bug to me. yikes!
does it happen all the time?

lenskaraoke

Post by lenskaraoke »

No, It’s only happened on that occasion and probably happened than cos I was in a hurry.

I was adding several CDGs from the HD as I normally do. I got around the problem this time by adding just one CDG disc at a time from the HD. I have since added more tracks with no problem (lots of CDGs in one go)

I have found though, that when I add to library and I need to reinterpret the names It works great, sometimes, but often when I close down and reopen my reinterpreted names have not been saved, this is a real pain in the erm...you know.

dave
Site Admin

:(

Post by dave »

that should never happen. can you figure out exactly what to do to make that happen every time? ie: can you create for me a detailed list of steps i can take that, if I follow them exactly, then I will see the bug happening myself?

that is one of the absolute worst bugs possible: loss of work. utterly unacceptable. if you can help me track that down i would be just so very grateful!!!

-dave

lenskaraoke

Post by lenskaraoke »

Its difficult to say exactly what is happening because it seems to be intermittent.

This morning I had on kjams some dkg tracks with just the album name names i.e. ‘dkg050-01’ in the wrong column, I reinterpreted them so I had the album name in the correct column and then I edited the track and singer names for 5 discs. When I closed and reopened I had lost all the manual editing but the reinterpretation that I did through advanced/reinterpret had remained.

Last night I edited 2 tracks with the wrong names by mistake and those names remained, when I tried to edit the names with the correct names I lost the corrected names on reopening kjams

It happens when I edit by clicking on the track in kjams or by going
through ‘get info’ It is happening nearly all the time.

I will work on a more detailed report today

dave
Site Admin

aauuuugggggg!!!

Post by dave »

OMG I am soooo sorry about that I am in a near panic about this. I promise I will work non stop tonight until i fix this problem!!! (or until i fall asleep). This is my absolute top priority!!! Losing any amount of work is utterly unacceptable!!!

Crossing fingers for new build posted tonight!!

-dave

lenskaraoke

Post by lenskaraoke »

I’ve tried loads of ways to replicate this problem and when I do the job the some way, again its hit and miss as to weather it saves, but, I thought I noticed that the task window didn’t open and save the database on one occasion when I lost the editing so I repeated the job over and over again and eventually I noticed the task window did not save database and that’s when the editing was lost. I will carry on and try to replicate again, but I thought you would like an update

dave
Site Admin

:)

Post by dave »

thanks, the more info you relay to me, the better!

lenskaraoke

Post by lenskaraoke »

I’ve just replicated it three more times and each time it didn’t save, the task window didn’t show ‘saving database’

. Each time it saved the window did appear

dave
Site Admin

:)

Post by dave »

send me your log file

lenskaraoke

Post by lenskaraoke »

I tried to replicate it again and I when I closed I got a window with the words

Assert Fail: !gApp->I_quittingB.Get(), in file:’/
Users/davec/Developer/depot/kJams/
Development/ source/Music/CsongDatabase.cpp
At line 3313

I also have a window with the words
Quitting
Saving database

And I have the task window open with the words
Saving database

On top of this I have a spinning color ball

Its been doing this for 10 mins now, I'll leave for a while to see what happens

lenskaraoke

Re: :)

Post by lenskaraoke »

dave wrote:send me your log file
Dont know what that is

dave
Site Admin

log file

Post by dave »

check the FAQ

lenskaraoke

Post by lenskaraoke »

Sent that, hope you got it

dave
Site Admin

k

Post by dave »

only got the crash report, not the log file. and it shows you're using an older version. please update to latest and see if it all still happens, and then send me THAT log file. :)