KJams not responding

Feel free to post bug reports here. I need exact, detailed steps showing me how I can re-create the bug on my machine, so give as much info and detail as possible.
cstanyer

KJams not responding

Post by cstanyer »

I'm having some issues with KJams freezing on startup. I am also having some broadband connection issues - are these related? Do I need to be connected to the internet to use the software???

cstanyer

Post by cstanyer »

ok, it's got something to do with the fact that i have a sunfly karaoke disc in the drive.... I'm stuck. I put in the disc I just got delivered and kjams freezes up. If i copy the tracks from the cd to the hard drive they copy as aiff files rather than cd-g's so i can play them in kjams but i only get the sound and not the words...???

dave
Site Admin

Yikes!!

Post by dave »

Hmm, that's pretty strange! What version are you using? PPC or Intel? Does it work with other discs? Note: using the Finder to copy "aif" files will not read the graphics. If it could then QuickTime could play karaoke files off your CDG discs. That's why you need kJams to do the ripping :)

-dave

cstanyer

Post by cstanyer »

Not sure. I'm on a little black MacBook, that's about 12 months old.

I've just tried again. I have kjams open and everything looks fine. I insert my sunfly disc and itunes pops up asking if I want to import the songs, I click on no and quit itunes.

Then go back to my kjams window and i'vs got the fancy spinning coloured disc whirring away... forever.

Is it because I'm on the tryout version?

dave
Site Admin

okay

Post by dave »

Okay well I see the difference now. That should never happen but you can work around it by following the ripping instructions. The instructions clearly say to disable the whole iTunes popping forward when you stick in a disc. That explains why you see this problem and I don't.

Please read the instructions:
http://www.kjams.com/wiki/Ripping

-dave

cstanyer

Post by cstanyer »

I've disabled the itunes automatically launching and Kjams is still freezing up when i put my sunfly disc in??

dave
Site Admin

:(

Post by dave »

dam! well i'll pay shipping both ways plus for your time if you will send me that disc. I promise quick turnaround too! Alternately please find a place i can order that EXACT disc online and i'll overnight it.

-dave

cstanyer

Post by cstanyer »

don't panic Dave - I think I sorted it.

I changed the import preferences and it's now recognising the disc! I think there was a slight user error going on. La la la la de da

However... I now have my list of songs on the disc, and it says I can only import the first three as I'm on the tryout, so I drag track one over to the library and it says "ripping" after a few seconds the "ripping" sign disappears so I cilck on the library directory to find the track and it's not there.... I think this may well be another user error...?

dave
Site Admin

:)

Post by dave »

the "Tasks" window is your friend.

cstanyer

Post by cstanyer »

ah.

It appears I have an incompatible drive?

dave
Site Admin

hmmm

Post by dave »

I changed the import preferences and it's now recognising the disc!
import settings have nothing to do with whether a disc is recognized.
It appears I have an incompatible drive?
do you say that because kJams *told* you it is not compatible, or for some other reason?

cstanyer

Post by cstanyer »

kjams said so... :cry:

dave
Site Admin

:(

Post by dave »