Occasional pause

Feel free to post bug reports here. I need exact, detailed steps showing me how I can re-create the bug on my machine, so give as much info and detail as possible.
DeusExMachina

Re: Occasional pause

Post by DeusExMachina »

What about the repeated crashes (possibly server) detailed in the multiple crash reports on last Sat./Sun.?
(Just trying to be prepared.)
Last edited by DeusExMachina on Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

Yes, fixed

jfbiii

Post by jfbiii »

Dropping audio sporadically just happened to me during a gig repeatedly a couple of nights ago for the first time. It took me awhile to figure out that it was the computer and then only because I saw what was happening on the monitor. When I opened my preferences.plist to up the "half ring buffer" I saw that the value was currently 0.0. I'm on a 2008 Macbook that's up to date with the latest operating system and kJams 2, so I changed it to 3.0. Seems to have resolved the issue in testing. If it continues I'll update here. Hopefully that's all that I need to do. Not quite ready to update my laptop just yet.

Thanks for posting this issue in the forums! Much obliged 8)
From he to whom much liquor is given...much singing is expected.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

it may be a mirage in that the problem resolved itself at about the same time you *happened* to fiddle with the prefs. note that a zero for "half ring buffer" mean "use the default value" which is 0.5 MB.
you could test this by putting the value back at zero and seeing if the problem comes back, i would bet that it won't come back, and would be fascinated to learn whether it does!