Video flashing/blinking

Feel free to post bug reports here. I need exact, detailed steps showing me how I can re-create the bug on my machine, so give as much info and detail as possible.
Cschodlbauer

Video flashing/blinking

Post by Cschodlbauer »

Hi, I have KJams 2 Version 2.0d61r3. running on my MAC Air. The issue that I experience is a flashing/blinking screen on the video feed every time I play a song. It is an issue that is present, not only on external monitors, but without using a display as well (ruling out any issue in the video cables). Any help would be appreciated.

dave
Site Admin

Re: Video flashing/blinking

Post by dave »

are you sure you're running 61r3? note that if you click download, then just run it from your dock, you're running the old copy, not the one you just downloaded.

search your machine for all copies of kJams (the app, not the folder)

DaveT

Post by DaveT »

I found the same issue, only when the os was under pressure -- in other words i had a lot of things running at the same time. when i closed some background apps, it stopped right away. i use my macbook to run KJams as well as logic for recording live shows. once i closed logic, everything was ok again

Dave

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

make sure you're on the latest kJams, that will help!

DaveT

Post by DaveT »

Thanks Dave -- not running the rogue version, but the official one. Would the rogue perhaps help as well as the freeze issue?

Dave

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

go ahead and update to latest, that now has the flashing fix. let me know how it goes!

wait, what freeze issue?

DaveT

Post by DaveT »

No panic mate -- its the freeze issue on the other thread we were talking about lol

Dave

Kate

Post by Kate »

Howdy, I'm also having problems with the video flashing. I'm running kjams Lite 1.0.1b65 on a MacBookPro with Yosemite. In my case, the flashing occurs when I try to screenshare to an iPad using Air Display. It does not flash just on the laptop screen or when screen sharing to Apple TV. The video has flashed when mirroring both to a fairly recent Mini and an older regular Ipad. We have a karaoke setup where we use the ipad as a display attached to a sort of amplified mic stand, so any help would be appreciated!

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

I'll have to look into this, it *should* already be fixed in the version you have, so i'm surprised to hear this. i'll investigate and report back here. it may be a couple weeks

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

i tried to repro this but was unable to. using the latest iDisplays, and the latest kJams, i got no flashiness at all on the iPhone.
is it still happening for you?