kjams "unexpectedly quit"

Feel free to post bug reports here. I need exact, detailed steps showing me how I can re-create the bug on my machine, so give as much info and detail as possible.
lenskaraoke

kjams "unexpectedly quit"

Post by lenskaraoke »

I had a small kjams failure last night. I was working with kjams and for background music I used itunes.
Near the end of a very busy night I had a singer ready to sing when he said that I had the wrong track playing.

I have found the fastest way to resolve this problem it to use the remote to go back to the last song sung then put the correct song for the current singer into the tonight list for that singer, then make that song the next song to play, then go to rotation and click forward to the next song and the correct song plays.
I repeat this action on occasion throughout the night and I’ve never had a problem, until now that is.
I had three songs left to finish the night off and when I performed the above action, and on clicking forward after I had changed the song to be sung, kjams closed down and a window appeared on my screen asking if I wanted to reopen kjams, and I clicked the yes box. Kjams opened up very fast thankfully so it wasn't much of a problem and it opened with the same window that I was in when it closed so I was able to carry on with just a very short break.
After the song finished I clicked on itunes to start and there was silence, at first I thought I hadn’t started itunes so I clicked it again, still I got a deafening silence (that seemed to go on for ever) I eventually realized that the itunes volume was turned down completely, this is something I never do when working, I have the volume on itunes set a little lower than kjams and if I need to adjust any volume afterwards I use the volume control on the amp
It’s not a major problem but was a bit confusing. When a singer asked me to changed a track when I worked with discs it took a lot longer to find the track and change the disc, kjams is fab
Tell the truth or lose the horse

dave
Site Admin

:)

Post by dave »

on clicking forward after I had changed the song to be sung, kjams closed down
Terminology Break: I think the proper terminology is "unexpectedly quit". To "close down" implies a graceful shut down invoked by the user.

Sorry I don't know what to say, i know you can't be helping me debug during a show, but if that happens again, wait just a couple more seconds and a second window should pop up (replacing the first) which will ask if you want to send me the crash report, then you can send that to me and I can have a look. After that you can just re-launch kJams yourself and you'll be back where you were. Unless I see it myself, there's not much I can do.
I clicked on itunes to start and there was silence
I can assure you kJams had absolutely nothing to do with that.

lenskaraoke

Post by lenskaraoke »

I will do this but I don’t know how it works if I’m not connected to the internet at the pub when it happens. Will the laptop store the report until I turn the laptop on again and then send the report the next time I connect to the internet.

dave
Site Admin

:(

Post by dave »

hmm, no you have to be online when you crash to use the automated system.

You can however do it manually later:
http://www.kjams.com/wiki/Logs

lenskaraoke

Post by lenskaraoke »

I had another "unexpected quit" that was not important cos I was doing daft thing to kjams and I got the option to send a crash report. again I was not on the net so couldnt send a automated report, so I copied the report but it is huge. is that report any good to you if the original "unexpected quit" happens again?

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

yes please send it along. i need both the crash report AND the log file, they are two separate pieces!
I was doing daft thing to kjams
:shock: And what was that, pray tell?

lenskaraoke

Post by lenskaraoke »

What was I doing?!? I was clicking on the album popup on a track within a play list to see if another version existed, it didn't so I just carried on clicking hoping that kjams would magically create one. kjams then "unexpectedly quit".

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

okay i think i fixed that, new version posted on sunday, or write to me to get it early