Cancel not respected in "mark not here"

Feel free to post bug reports here. I need exact, detailed steps showing me how I can re-create the bug on my machine, so give as much info and detail as possible.
DeusExMachina

Cancel not respected in "mark not here"

Post by DeusExMachina »

If you select multiple singers in the kJR main list, one of whom is the current singer, and hit delete, you get the confirmation dialogue. If you hit cancel, it still removes all singers selected except the current singer.

dave
Site Admin

Re: Cancel not respected in "mark not here"

Post by dave »

kthx will investigate and reply here

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

perhaps this is a bad design, but it's stuck like that for now. The only singer that gets the dialog is the one singing, the others are not affected and will be removed regardless.

it seems to me to be a low priority issue, unless people come back to this topic to complain about it?

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

The problem, of course, is that one of the main situations where this might occur is when you hit the delete key by accident, after making the selection for another reason. You then obliterate your rotation with no way out, other than to hope you can go to Finder, show the venue singers, sort by last updated, figure it which ones were deleted, and one by one search for them and then mark them as here.
Ugh!

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

Okay so what you really want is an "are you sure" when you hit delete on a singer in the rotation?

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

Isn't that what the dialogue is already asking? And if you cancel, shouldn't cancel cancel the entire operation that prompted the dialogue box in the first place?

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

no, the dialog only asks you about deleting the currently actively singing singer. if you select any other singer and hit delete, they disappear from the list without any prompt at all.