bugs on reading mp4 or HD

Feel free to post bug reports here. I need exact, detailed steps showing me how I can re-create the bug on my machine, so give as much info and detail as possible.
robbsbh

bugs on reading mp4 or HD

Post by robbsbh »

I have purchased several Sunfly tracks HD to read on KJAM lite on my Macbook pro OSX 10.8.5. (processor I7 2.9 Ghz / memory 8 Go/ Hard drive remaining space 200 Go)

The sound works perfectly but the image is not fluent causing the lyrics to progress with jerks, I believed it was maybe caused by the weight of the file or my processor being too slow ???

Recently I have downloaded from youtube some karaoke on .MP4 and on .MOV formats, the .MOV file being double heavier than the MP4 and to my surprise the jerked image appears on almost all MP4 and not on the .MOV file so I tried to convert them MP4 to .MOV and KJAM doesn't read any of the converted files (.MOV H264 or .MOV MPEG4)

My question is, how can I read these .MP4 videos without any jerks on the image (sounds are great), converting them to .MOV doesn't work, and why do I have the same problem with the HD Sunfly tracks I purchased ?

Thank you for your help

dave
Site Admin

Re: bugs on reading mp4 or HD

Post by dave »

they are HD, that's the problem

kjams does not use hardware acceleration, so it can't play the videos smoothly.

what you want to do is convert them to 480p, using h.264, then they'll play smoothly, and you won't notice much of a quality downgrade.

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

If only SF had gone with our idea of streaming or selling the .xml files.
Short-sighted.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

:evil: