OSX Mavericks

Feel free to post bug reports here. I need exact, detailed steps showing me how I can re-create the bug on my machine, so give as much info and detail as possible.
way2fst4u

OSX Mavericks

Post by way2fst4u »

I'm not sure if this is a "Mavericks" issue or an iTunes 11.1.x issue...The external crossfade script no longer works...it really messes with the volumes on both kJams and iTunes until they are both off... just FYI. Yes, I can recreate it. Since I updated both at the same time, I don't know which caused the break...

Thanks!
Thanks!

Scott

dave
Site Admin

Re: OSX Mavericks

Post by dave »

just tested and still working perfectly for me. are you on the latest kJams? try the rogue

way2fst4u

Post by way2fst4u »

dave wrote:just tested and still working perfectly for me. are you on the latest kJams? try the rogue
Same issues...works for 1st song only. After that 1st karaoke song is done, iTunes doesn't come back up to the previously set volume, When I start the karaoke track in kJams, the volume stays @ 0 and iTunes continues to play.
Thanks!

Scott

way2fst4u

Post by way2fst4u »

May make me get the 2.0 upgrade sooner...haha.
Thanks!

Scott

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

can you take a video of that with your phone and upload it to my FTP?

way2fst4u

Post by way2fst4u »

FYI, Tested w/2.0 tryout & Python script. No issues. If I upgrade will I keep all my custom video screens that show in between singers? Or do I have to rebuild them all again?
Thanks!

Scott

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

sorry, i thought you WERE talking about 2.0 & Python.

right if you're talking about 1.0 and AppleScript, i have no idea, i didn't write that.

but i wrote the Python one and it is an official feature and is fully supported by me!!

yes, an upgrade will preserve all your settings / files / singers / custom stuff

but you do have backups, right?

way2fst4u

Post by way2fst4u »

dave wrote:yes, an upgrade will preserve all your settings / files / singers / custom stuff

but you do have backups, right?
Of course... ;) I'm sorry for the confusion. I should have specified what version I was working with! Yeah, I think it's best for me to just upgrade then! THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN. I can't say it enough...best supported software out!
Thanks!

Scott

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

Scott reports that he DID have some trouble retaining his custom showscreens, however i'm not exactly sure what his state was before, during, and after the upgrade. So I don't have enough data to know what exactly went wrong. kJams is *designed* to preserve everything (including ShowScreens) during an upgrade, in fact when i test that specifically, it works just fine. So this came as quite a surprise to me. But I can't reproduce it.

until i get more info: for future upgraders: back up your prefs folder before you upgrade (help: reveal prefs)

way2fst4u

Post by way2fst4u »

I'm quite sure it had something to do with me having the Pro 1.x installed as well as the 2.0 trial at the same time...
Thanks!

Scott

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

and i'm quite sure that would not affect it at all. no matter how your machine is configured it should be impossible for your showscreens to just disappear, regardless of what versions you have, how you update, in what order you do things, etc. so, i'm still a bit mystified :)

way2fst4u

Post by way2fst4u »

dave wrote:and i'm quite sure that would not affect it at all. no matter how your machine is configured it should be impossible for your showscreens to just disappear, regardless of what versions you have, how you update, in what order you do things, etc. so, i'm still a bit mystified :)
Well, it happened ;) lucky me. In any case, I've rebuilt them...and I like the new ones better. One other thing I noticed that's not working is an external script...the Singer Venue Script no longer works...but I know that's not yours. Will there be another version in 2.0 for that? was a pain getting singers over to this new venue...
Thanks!

Scott

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

Ah. I suspect THIS is what prompted the e-mail. Okay, I'll get on it! :)

way2fst4u

Post by way2fst4u »

Just tested on my backup machine...it seems to be working there...something fishy... :x
Thanks!

Scott