Mac Error - File spooler open error

Feel free to post bug reports here. I need exact, detailed steps showing me how I can re-create the bug on my machine, so give as much info and detail as possible.
acemc

Mac Error - File spooler open error

Post by acemc »

Hi there.
I have just purchased kJams Lite for transcoding purposes. Info here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2194
I decided to post in the bug report section just in case my last post in the link above wasn't the correct place for it.
I am having an issue whenever I try export a lot of files to quicktime.
I get 2 different errors, they both start the same: Mac Error - File spooler open error:
1) File not found. 2) File already open with write permission. Ok - I know the files are there coz' kJams can play them one by one.
This is really getting to me, as the sole reason for my purchase of kJams was to export my entire cdg+mp3 collection to a video format.
The software transcodes fine if I select individual files one by one. But if I select a bunch (less than 100 even!) I get these errors.
I have noticed in kJams activity window that the software is trying to unpack ALL the audio files before it actually starts transcoding.
I "think" this is where the problem stems. From this point on I start getting the errors mentioned above & kjams uses all my systems resources,
bringing my macbook pro to a snails pace! The error window has an "ok" tab, when I click on it, that one closes & a new one opens.
This continues for about 90% of all the files that I'm trying to export. At the end of me clicking "ok" over 100 times, kjams has only transcoded +-10 (if Im lucky)
I am really frustrated as my gigs start from tomorrow night. I was hoping to at least transcode all the popular songs by then,
doing this one by one I'll never finish in time. And...... I could've just continued using VLC to transcode manually.
Basically as it stands I have paid R450.00 for naught.
Sorry if this post seems a bit b**chy, I've spent my entire day trying to figure this out.
PLEASE PLEASE help me with this. Thanks in advance.

dave
Site Admin

Re: Mac Error - File spooler open error

Post by dave »

please don't cross post.

the answer is posted here