Requesting money back. Fired due to issues with Kjams

Feel free to post bug reports here. I need exact, detailed steps showing me how I can re-create the bug on my machine, so give as much info and detail as possible.
Alexcassanova

Requesting money back. Fired due to issues with Kjams

Post by Alexcassanova »

Mr Dave I'm requesting my money back as I was fired last night due to the issue Kjams had. I bought it yesterday for my mac. Ive used siglos and hoster and even the free versions. And finally decided to buy Kjams. using the trial version. I decided to buy the fullbversion and spoke to u Everything worked ok. While working at a wedding with over 100 people for a union with the pro full version in the middle if the 10 song the voice of the lady saying "this is a demo etc " kept on popping up while the people sang. Embarrassing!!! Then without notice. It closed on me. This happened throughout the whole night. Finally I liked for an update and did. After about twenty minutes I tried it again. It worked until about the third song then it kept on acting like a demo. Finally after 100 people boo"d the owner decided I pack up my stuff. Now I am jobless and with a $110 program I will not be using. This completely sucks. I can't believe. This happened I do no wish to have it"fixed" Whithin five days. Maybe this can be sold to someone that can use it. I'm respectfully requesting a refund. I'm embarrassed and jobless thanx and selling my Mac to top it off. Thank u for your help Alexito268@yahoo.com

dave
Site Admin

Re: Requesting money back. Fired due to issues with Kjams

Post by dave »

Terribly sorry for your trouble!

Generally, I do not give refunds until you have allowed me to help you, as it's not very fair to me since: 1: it's shareware and you can try before you buy and 2: if you don't understand something, that doesn't mean it's broken, and a simple word from me may make you go "oh i see, now i understand" and 3: it is simple courtesy to allow me the chance to make it right for you.

however, due to your rather dire circumstances, of course I have refunded your purchase.

However, I'd still like to set the record straight on several fronts.

It does sound like you did this literally "last minute", ie: you found and bought the program and tried to run it live all on the same day. for future reference, i recommend you give yourself a day to get comfortable with some software before you go live with it. that gives you a chance to talk to tech support to ensure it's all working well, and to ensure you're actually familiar with it before you go on stage.

Having said that, there certainly is nothing wrong with just running on the fly like that, and kJams absolutely SHOULD HAVE performed for you without issue. I really prefer getting to the bottom of the problem and fixing it, rather than just saying "oh well" and giving up, so i really hope you follow up with me on this so that I can fix it so nobody else ever has to go thru what you did.

also: there is no
voice of the lady saying "this is a demo etc"
in kJams, so, i'm sorry but that has nothing to do with kJams at all. you must have had some other program running that did that. I would never be so evilly brazen.
Then without notice. It closed on me
can you describe what you did just before that happened? were you adding a song to the library? purchasing a song? adding a singer? reordering the rotation? If i'm going to fix a bug, i need to know how it happens. I have not had any recent bug reports like this, so i am quite as surprised as you are about this.
it kept on acting like a demo
sorry, but i don't know what you mean by that. do you mean it said "tryout" in the browser window, and would not let you add more than 2 songs to a singer, and 3 singers to the rotation? or: what do you mean?

I don't really know your circumstances or what else is going on in your life, but it surprises me that you're just giving up on being a KJ after you only tried it once, and had one bad show.

Alexcassanova

Post by Alexcassanova »

I appreciate your understanding it kept completely shutting off and even after the update. Twice bout thanx again. Sorry for the inconvenience. Due to these hard circumstances I have to go back to the other programs and look for a job thank u My email is alexito268@yahoo.com. I paid by credit card

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

I have already refunded your purchase.

But i need a bit more technical information than "it kept completely shutting off". What i need to know is what you were doing at the time it happened, and if there was any error message. Also, when you restarted kJams, did it ask you to send the crash report, and did you send it?

Alexcassanova

Post by Alexcassanova »

ok i played one song and then another and by the third song the program completely shut off, i opened it yesterday too and sent you a lot of errors and its a shame because i really liked the program. Thanks for the refund .

Alexcassanova

Post by Alexcassanova »

where did you send the money i still haven't received it , i will keep u posted when i do. thnx

Alexcassanova

Post by Alexcassanova »

Still haven't received the refund in my credit card Dave. ??

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

I processed the return 2 days ago at this time: 6/16/2013 4:25:57 PM

Please check your the credit card that you used

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

Okay, we have figured it out. You bought kJams thru KaraokePilot, right? So you will need to request a refund from them, since neither I nor eSellerate actually took money from you. Sorry about the confusion.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

I also found out what you were talking about regarding
voice of the lady saying "this is a demo etc"
What happened is you were supposed to install the "FREE version" of Flip4Mac, that allows you to play WMV, WMA & KMA files. What you did however was install the "demo version of the paid version".

I try to make it clear that you need to install the "FREE version", sorry for the confusion. If you had installed the free version, there would be no lady saying "this is a demo version of Flip4Mac". It can be fixed by installing the free version over the demo version.