Cannot Find Songs from External HD

Feel free to post bug reports here. I need exact, detailed steps showing me how I can re-create the bug on my machine, so give as much info and detail as possible.
SkippyDJ

Cannot Find Songs from External HD

Post by SkippyDJ »

Hello. I have an external HD hooked up to my Macbook. When I start up KJams it only loads 2500 songs when I have over 50,000 stored on the HD. What do I need to do to access the rest of my library. Thanks.

dave
Site Admin

Re: Cannot Find Songs from External HD

Post by dave »

did you previously have kJams showing all the songs?
it may be that you just need to rebuild your library from scratch:
https://karaoke.kjams.com/wiki/Rebuild

SkippyDJ

Post by SkippyDJ »

Hey Dave. I tried to rebuild the library but it still only loads 2500 songs when there are well over 50k on the HD. When I try to add to library after I rebuild it says can't add songs that reside in the KJams music folder. I just want to reference my HD and keep KJams in my applications stored on my Mac. I recently had to reformat my HD for use on both PC and Mac so I used the format XFAT rather than 32. I had a backup so I didn't loose any music. Thanks for your time.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

kjams will only automatically load the songs that are in the "kJams Music" folder
the rest that reside somewhere else (like on the external) have to be re-added manually