kJams (Windows) Crashes on start, after Assert Fail (offsP)

Feel free to post bug reports here. I need exact, detailed steps showing me how I can re-create the bug on my machine, so give as much info and detail as possible.
datkinson82

kJams (Windows) Crashes on start, after Assert Fail (offsP)

Post by datkinson82 »

Ok to try and fix the problem i reinstalled windows and did a fresh install of kjams, quicktime, and the msvc runtimes from the link on the website.
i am getting this error usually right when kjams starts up and also any time I do anything, got the error after click ok to download a music store, then again after the music store finished downloading, and I also get the error anytime i try to import a song or play a song and eventually Kjams will crash, sometimes after the first error and sometimes after the 3rd or 4th time it comes up
any help would be appreciated thanks

dave
Site Admin

Re: Kjams Crashes right after starting Assert Fail error

Post by dave »

Ok to try and fix the problem
you didn't say what problem?
i reinstalled windows and did a fresh install of kjams, quicktime, and the msvc runtimes from the link on the website.
OMG wow! i wish you had just told me what the problem was first, before going thru all that trouble.. i would have said that a reinstall generally NEVER helps and will just waste half your day for no reason.
i am getting this error
*sigh* WHAT error??
usually right when kjams starts up and also any time I do anything, got the error after click ok to download a music store, then again after the music store finished downloading, and I also get the error anytime i try to import a song or play a song and eventually Kjams will crash, sometimes after the first error and sometimes after the 3rd or 4th time it comes up
any
you haven't told me what is wrong yet. i can't help unless you actually give me some information to work with. is there a crash? did you send the crash report? if not, cause the error then go help->send log file
help would be appreciated thanks
you have to help me help you. i need to know WHAT the error is

datkinson82

Post by datkinson82 »

Oh ok sorry i thought i attached a screen shot of the error, anyway now i'm getting

Assert Fail:offsP, in file: 'Z/Users/davec/
Developer/depot/kJams/Development/ source/
Shared/COffscreen.cpp' at line 556

right after i open kjams then

Assert Fail:viewP, in file: Z:/Users/davec/
Developer/depot/kjams/Development/xplat
Sources/KJams/XTaskView.cpp' at line 134

and then kJams crashes

datkinson82

Post by datkinson82 »

Just sent a error report also

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

already fixed

new release in like 10 minutes. you'll have to manually download and install it from the downloads page

barbary_anne

Re: kJams (Windows) Crashes on start, after Assert Fail (off

Post by barbary_anne »

Hi Dave, great project, and I am hoping that it will work for me: I have a friend who's vision-impaired and computer-impaired (hm, and finance-impaired, she'd probably add) whose chief joy is singing karaoke, so we don't need DJ/hosting bells and whistles, just a cheap way of getting her CD+G disk collection into digital format so she doesn't have to lug the giant bag'o'disks everywhere.

I'm getting the same error (uh, where is the Z: drive?? :-) on start. Is it possible that kjams doesn't like FF31.0 as a browser? I just downloaded the 'latest version' last week (03aug2014), so whatever the problem was in April still seems to be around... like the Z: drive?
Assert Fail: 0, in file: z:\users\davec\developer\depot\kjams\develment\source\musci\cbrowser_source.cpp' at line 236

I sooo do not want to have to do this project from nuts and bolts in Python over on the Linux box. I'm getting rusty, unlike your own lightspeed self, so this would take me a looong time to get working (which I just don't have, due to working) -- help? Or can you recommend an application you know of that can rip her cd+g disks very inexpensively, since we don't need a whole hosting program to work? Many thanks for creating/developing kjams!

dave
Site Admin

Re: kJams (Windows) Crashes on start, after Assert Fail (off

Post by dave »

kJams Lite is all you need.

please get in touch with me via email, we may have to do a screen sharing to fix this.